Destressing is all about creating a sense of organization and calm, which is pretty much the opposite of what happens during the holiday madness. Instead of swearing off the season forever, try creating a positive mood in your space with sage. Depending on how much you want to buy into, sage is said to change the ionic composition of the air, which is a fancy way of saying it can reduce stress. So whether you want to burn it, smudge it, spritz it or eat it, these 13 options are perfect for clearing those post- shopping stress vibes. Or, if nothing else, they will make your home smell fantastic.
1. White Sage Smudge Stick ($12): Smudge sticks are known for cleansing and purifying the home, but they also just smell really good. The spicy sage is a great scent for the holiday season.
2. Cedar and Sage Candle ($28): Handmade and poured into whiskey glasses, each one of these candles is packed with essential oils and is completely natural, so you don’t have to worry about soot and carcinogens.
4. Caldrea Countertop Cleanser, Basil and Blue Sage ($7): Literally cleanse your space with this all-purpose counter cleaner that smells like something right out of an herb garden. With essential oils from basil, blue sage, rosemary, thyme, spearmint and cinnamon, this will quickly become your new favorite kitchen spray.
5. Bergamot Sage Soap Bar ($6): Treat your guests to some de-stressing suds with a few of these bars in the bathroom. Sweet, citrusy bergamot and fresh sage combine with coconut oil to leave skin soft and moisturized.
6. Agave Sage Fragrance Diffuser ($38): Reed diffusers last much longer than candles, which is great when you just can’t bear to part with your new favorite fragrance. With notes of bergamot, magnolia petals, cardamom and sage, this scent will take you from the holidays to New Years.
7. Sea Salt and Sage Apothecary Room Spray ($19): This vintage amber bottle is so cute, you won’t mind having it out on display. And the scent is so good you’ll have that on display constantly.
8. Black Tea and Sweet Sage Candle ($30): Packaged to look like a little tea container, this all-natural soy candle will fill your space with the calming aroma of black tea and sage.
10. Sage and Citrus Room Spray ($8): Spray away the worries of the day with this relaxing blend of sage and lemon-lime citrus. The scent is earthy but clean, and is great for a bathroom or spritzing away pet odors.
11. Method Beach Sage Air Freshener ($4): Unlike most aerosol room sprays, this natural air refresher uses compressed air, so when you spray, you fill the room with a lovely sage scent and none of that icky petroleum stuff.
13. DIY Rosemary Smudge Stick: It wouldn’t be a proper roundup without a DIY option, so if you want to try your hand at making your own sage smudges, gather up some herbs from your herb garden and wrap them up. (via Hello Natural)
Which is your favorite seasonal scent? Tell us what you’re burning or spraying in the comments below!