Apple pie, apple dumplings and apple crisp are some of our all-time faves. But what about apple recipes that aren’t dessert? While sweet apple recipes get all the love, savory eats with the famed fruit are just as — if not more — delicious. If you’re looking for a way to eat the best fruit of the fall season, check out these savory recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
3. Sweet Potato Quesadillas With Goat Cheese and Apples: Apples make a crunchy addition to this fall take on a Mexican favorite. It’s the perfect lazy weeknight meal when you can’t be bothered with a full-on feast. (via Hello Natural)
4. Grilled Cheese With Fig Preserve, Apple and Pumpkin Seeds: This sandwich with all of our seasonal faves is *next* level. No sad desk lunch here. (via Flourishing Foodie)
8. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple + Gruyere Bites: This fancy, bite-sized flatbread will totally upgrade your tailgate food for football season. (via Table for Two)
11. Kale With Apples and Bacon: This is *the* healthiest side dish for all your dinner parties this season. Bacon is optional, but we vote yes for the crispy topping all the time. (via Culinary Colleen)
13. Paleo Butternut Squash, Sausage and Apple Stuffing: You won’t miss the bread one bit in this gluten-free, Paleo stuffing. (via FitSugar)
14. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup With Apple-Gruyere Crostini: Upgrade your grilled cheese and tomato soup combo this season with this apple-filled meal. (via offbeat + inspired)
What are your favorite savory ways to eat apples? Let us know below in the comments.