Spring brings clarity, purity, un-layering, fresh outlooks and an urge to simplify everything! Scandinavian interiors are trending right now with their fresh-air aesthetic, quality craftsmanship and emphasis on natural light. By using rustic elements and occasional touches of color, Scandinavian rooms are restful and contemporary. Here are 30 beautiful Scandinavian-inspired rooms with fresh ideas on how to spruce up your home this spring!
2. Dash of Glamour: No one said you couldn’t have both glamour and minimalism! Just by adding a crystal chandelier into an otherwise very minimal room, you create a whole new level of sophistication. (via The Klein)
3. Open Shelving: Scandinavian decor is all about functionality and pared-back forms making it the perfect style for utilizing open shelving in your kitchen — like this chic little coffee nook with the monochromatic dishware. (via Daniella Witte)
4. Luxe Home Office: The Scandinavian aesthetic maximizes light, so by using reflective surfaces like this mirrored desk and gold lamps, you can make use of all the available light you have and then fake the rest. (via Design Collector)
6. White Space: In a work space, you don’t want to get distracted. Scandinavian design places function first and then works backwards to see how much they can simplify everything, making it the perfect atmosphere to be incredibly productive. (via My Scandinavian Home)
7. Cheerful Kitchen: Minimal and neutral should never mean boring. Throwing in bright pops of color will add charm to your style. Look for items that add interest, but don’t “shout” or overpower the room. (via Lolalina)
8. Warm Wood: Wood accents play a huge role in Nordic style. You want to create a sense of connection to nature and the outdoors, so choose natural-stained wood and simple furniture pieces like this shelving unit. (via My Scandinavian Home)
9. Rustic Beams: Part of the charm of the look is how versatile it can be. It can be used for a nautical theme, a rustic cabin or a mod industrial look. Here, rough beams give warmth and comfort to an otherwise white room. (via Elisabeth Heier)
11. Black Accents: Industrial chic is perfect for Scandinavian influences. Embrace the monochromatic color palette, but give it an urban twist with layered art and geometric patterned rugs. (via Passion Shake)
12. Light Fixation: Since walls and accessories are kept simple, it can be all about the light fixtures. Think Ikea and go with a huge statement piece that will really pull the room together. (via Homed It)
17. Industrial Kitchen: Let those restaurant kitchen fears subside. Using stainless steel for your cabinets and counters will give them a clean, modern look. Just don’t go overboard. And contrast with a ceramic island and elegant lighting. (via Alexander White)
21. Painted Floors: If you’re hating your dark wood floors, try giving them an instant facelift by painting them white. They’re easier to keep clean than you might think. When you spill that red wine… paint over the stain! (via Draumesider)
22. Brilliant Gallery: The Swedish-approved look is ideal for those of us who live in small spaces. By maximizing light and minimizing clutter, you can make even the smallest of kitchens a happy place to cook. (via Editions Doa)
24. Concrete Bedroom: Instead of a fancy bed frame and dust ruffle (what is the point of that anyway?), try this simple lifted bed that gets you off the floor, but will keep your bedroom beautifully simple. (via Blood and Champagne)
30. Natural Wood: Keeping the color palette in earthy shades of neutrals will give a nature-inspired feel to the room. Plus, spring green plants will look more vibrant than ever against that harmonious palette. (via Haken’s Place)
Which of these Scandinavian rooms inspires you to do some spring updates? Let us know in the comments below!