While you have your parents or parental figures to thank for a lot of your upbringing, if you had a sibling growing up, you’d know that your bros and sisses play a huge hand in how you turn out too. I mean, who would the Kardashian-Jenners be if there was only one of ’em? It’s nice to acknowledge the beauty of the family bond, and recently there’s been an uptick in one particular Instagram trend that does just that. People have been sharing photos of their matching (or complementary) ink and tagging them #siblingtattoos and #siblingtats. There are around 4,000 tags on Instagram so far, but here are a few of our favorites that NEED to be shared.
1.@lauramcoulton: The caption on this sweet sister tattoo moment will just give you all the feels: “You be the sun, I’ll be the moon, just let your light come shining through, and when night comes, just like the moon, I’ll shine the light right back at you.” Now go hug your sister, because this might be one of the most beautiful captions on Insta ever.
2. @addiecc: This design just oozes Pacific Northwest cool, and we love how it’s gender neutral to boot so she can share it with her brother. In case you’re wondering, it’s the likeness of Mount Rainier in Washington state that is front and center on their forearms.
3. @nettaritari: The tattoos of this Finnish family will make you wish you had even more siblings, so you could get something graphically genius. Again, this is a great option for those who have both brothers and sisters, and you could get really creative with a font that means something specifically to your family.
4. @clairerenouf: There are so many cool things going on with this tat. The siblings are both Pisces, hence the symbol. It’s also really rad how they took their birth years and put them into Roman numerals. Now that’s sibling bonding through and through.
5. @courtneyholberg: This sweet pic between these sisters is made only sweeter by the caption, in which they say that they’re ready to brand their little brother, too! It’s really awesome how they took the same symbol and put them on different parts of their bodies; they’re of the same blood, but are recognizing their individuality too.
6. @lilyhholt: This adorable pic is captioned: “I’ve got your back, and you’ve (literally) got mine.” Putting a single initial like this on a body part is a really clever way to honor your sibling simply and graphically.
7. @martha_pranckuviene: Tattoo artist Martha Pranckuviene was so proud of this ink that she posted it on Instagram, and it’s of matching tattoos for six sisters! You can really feel the love in this pic.
8. @sierreangelwilson: Tiny tattoos, check. Tiny elephants, check. Tiny hearts, check. This series of three might be some of the cutest darn things you could ever imagine showing up on someone’s body.
9. @ashhyee: Could there possibly be any better way to bond together four siblings than with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed tattoo series? Think not. The caption reads, “You know I got your back like a turtle shell.” Their tat artist, @kosta_laught, has a ton of other cool ink on his ‘gram, too.
10. @zoeshalom: Okay, this one is particularly meaningful because these siblings’ last name is Woods! Genius. It’s awesome how they create a forest all together; individual trees come together as a “woods.”
Tag us in your own #siblingtattoos on Instagram @BritandCo with #iamcreative!