Okay, so your wedding *want* list is quickly outgrowing your need list and you haven’t even thought about place settings yet. Luckily, there’s a pretty easy solution that can save you big bucks: disposable plates. We’re not talking about the ones your mom used at birthday parties and BBQs. Today’s disposables don’t even resemble the crimped plates of yore — for one thing, they aren’t flimsy AF. And the color options? Please. Marbled patterns, rose gold trim, and bamboo materials will complement your decor, all while saving major dough and cleanup time. Scroll on for six inspiring disposable plates that are a MUST for your wedding.
1. Anthropologie Striped Party Plates ($8, set of six): Who knew your plates could be an affordable statement piece? The trendy hexagonal shape and metallic detail will make them a standout feature at every table. Pair with a colored napkin and your guests will be set.
2. Paper Plates and Runner: This bride took the disposable theme and ran with it. Leave guests (of any age) markers or crayons so they can get creative during the reception. (via Josh Elliot Photography / Green Wedding Shoes )
3. Harlow & Grey Goddess Modern Plates ($7, set of eight): Blush tones and marble texture add the perfect touch to your modern wedding. The shape and color look fantastic next to a flower-filled centerpiece and lots of candles.
4. Susty Party Disposables ($8+, set of 50): Whether you’ve chosen metallics, neutrals, or colorful decor, blush pink plates pair perfectly with your theme. As if you needed even more reason, Susty Party supports several non-profit partners with all of their sales.
5. Disposable Stackables: Step up your disposable game with an elegant appetizer plate and salad plate for your guests. It might up the expense a little, but looks super stylish if you add a succulent. (via AMB Photography & Design / Wedding Chicks)
6. Elegant Plastic: Ok, we’re having a serious moment with these plates. If a patterned plate clashes with the rest of your tablescape, opt for a gold-trimmed edge that really makes your plates look classy AF. Shell-like finishes look like real glass, so your guests will barely even notice they’re disposable! (via Ruth Eileen Photography / Style Me Pretty)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.