Peeps, the ’90s are back. We’ve told you this like a million times. And we’ve been saving the smiley face trend for a very special day. Today is the official International Day of Happiness! Now, let’s hop into our checkered Vans-shaped time machine and get our smile on. Oh, and feel free to cue up “I Love Your Smile” by Shanice.
1. Nasty Gal Surreal Tank ($27): First up, let’s get surreal… man. Everything about this take on the smiley is pretty fresh.
2. Bad Acid Smiley Sneakers ($75): Whoooa. More surreal action right here with these melting smiley face sneakers.
3. Smiley Face Pool Float ($44): Can you say spriiiiing breeeeak?! All you need is a piña colada, a Jimmy Buffett playlist and it’s instant easy living.
4. Classic Smiley Tee ($20): This makes us think of Nirvana, and we like it. #comeasyouare
5. Smile Nylon Backpack ($42): If this backpack was mini, Cher Horowitz would totally rock it.
6. Smile For Me Leggings ($38): These leggings are ombre, smiley and rainbow. Also known as EVERYTHING.
7. Smiley Face Patch Pullover ($40): This is one boyfriend sweatshirt we would happily spend a weekend in.
9. Smile Sweatshirt ($28): True story: Our editor Kate totally owns this. Stay tuned for behind the scenes snaps ;)
10. Happy Go Lucky Leggings ($34): And finally, a more graphic approach to the smiley trend.
Would you still rock a smiley face? Or do you think that trend should stay buried in the ’90s? Talk to us in the comments below.