With the Halloween preparations in full swing, it’s time to use this weekend for some serious DIY-ing. If you’re ready to fill the halls with piles of painted pumpkins and deck out your porch with strands of spooky string lights, this weekend is the perfect chance to put your Halloween pinboard into action. Whether you’re looking for an easy project you can do while watching a show or film or you’re ready to haul out the sewing machine and stitch up your dream costume, here are 11 weekend projects that’ll give you all the Halloween feels before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Pumpkin Spice Churro Milkshakes: Skip the good ol’ PSL this weekend and jump for this delicious homemade treat. Carve out tiny pumpkins to use as the bowls or just drink the milkshake right out of the blender — there’s no judgment here. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Snapchat Filter Pumpkins: Snapchat is slaying this year when it comes to Halloween makeup and pumpkin decor ideas. Represent your favorite filter with this quick and easy no-carve idea that’s sure to get all the screenshots. (via Aww, Sam)
3. DIY Stranger Things Pumpkin Diorama: Speaking of totally awesome pumpkin decor, pumpkin dioramas are popping up everywhere. Obvi, this one had to be inspired by everyone’s fave show AND be miniature so it could fit on your desk or coffee table. Not that you could get much work done with the Upside Down staring right at you… shivers. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Copper Wire Inspiration Board: Buh bye, cork board — hello, gorgeous copper wire. If you believe you can never have too many inspiration boards, use this weekend to put together this beautiful addition to your home office. After all, holiday cards are just around the corner, and this chic board is just the thing to display them all in style. (via Damask Love)
5. DIY Gold Leaf Marquee Light: Take your desk or mantel to the next level with a glittering gold leaf. You can’t go wrong with a themed marquee light, and this chic leaf is totes glam enough to leave up all the way to Thanksgiving. (via Drawn to DIY)
6. DIY Ursula Costume: This is the one time you’re allowed to rock insanely blue face makeup and a red lip and still look totally glam. If you’re thinking of turning into a villain this Halloween, Ursula is a no-brainer: Seriously, just look at those gorg iridescent tentacles. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Rose Gold Skull Lights: It’s time to get lit with these DIY Halloween skull string lights in rose gold. These tiny lights are perfect if you’d rather your Halloween decor not be dipped in fake blood and spiders. Plus the metallic copper color is so pretty you might just leave these lights up after Halloween. (via Fish and Bull)
8. DIY Scandinavian Wall Art: What do you get when boho meets Scandi? This gorgeous piece of wall art! This project would look stunning in any room of the house, and it’s easy enough to DIY at your next girls’ craft night. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. DIY Metallic Pumpkin Floral Centerpiece: The saddest part about decorating real pumpkins is that they don’t last very long. Save your masterpieces from a soggy end by using faux carveable pumpkins to create a centerpiece that will last all season long. Finish it off by adding a geometric pattern or a touch of glitter for a chic look. (via I Spy DIY)
10. DIY Color-Edged Plates: Just because summer is behind us doesn’t mean you have to pack away the bright colors. Take a break from the Halloween frenzy and make these color-edged dessert plates for your next dinner party. This project is crazy easy and you can totally personalize the color combos for perfectly themed table decor. (via Studio DIY)
11. DIY Workout Leggings: There’s nothing like a new pair of workout clothes to get you feeling fitness-inspired all over again. But if your budget has gone to your Halloween costume this month, this is just the DIY for you. Skip the expensive Lululemon leggings and DIY your own with this straightforward sewing project. Trace, cut, sew and prepare to live in these leggings for the next month. (via Brit + Co)
What are you looking forward to making this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative! And follow us on Pinterest for even more fun Halloween and home decor DIY ideas.