You’ve made your ballot, sent out the invites and caught up on all the best movies of 2015, so now all that’s left for your Oscars viewing party is your menu. This year you’re readying your usual slow cooker appetizers (so easy!) and even got creative with some Oscars-shaped cookies, but there’s still something missing. And you think you might know exactly what it is. Buy a bottle of bubbly to toast your favorite actors and actresses, then grab the edible glitter — these snacks are as sparkly as the Oscar statues themselves. Prepare your speech, because you’re about to win Hostess of the Year.
1. Sparkly Angel Food Cake Cupcakes: The stars may spend all day getting ready for the awards show, but you won’t spend all day baking these cupcakes. Light and fluffy angel food cake is made even more delicious with a buttercream frosting and gold sprinkles. (via Natural Comfort Kitchen)
3. Macadamia Marzipan Balls: You’ll only need three basic recipes and about 10 minutes to make this glittery treat. Marzipan is traditionally known as a holiday dessert, but you’ll want to break it out for a special occasion like the Academy Awards. (via Molly Yeh)
4. Glam Fortune Cookies: Will these cookies predict the winners of each category? Maybe not, but these glamorous fortune cookies are ones you’ll actually want to eat, unlike the ones that get thrown away with the takeout containers. (via I Spy DIY)
5. Homemade Cotton Candy: This golden treat will be the highlight of any awards show season party. It’s not as light and fluffy as the cotton candy you’re used to in amusement parks, but it will still steal the show. (via Cooking Books)
6. Disco Truffles: These aren’t just any truffles — they’re made from brownies stuffed with chocolate truffles! Use different types of glitter to decorate the truffles for a variety of desserts that’s sure to wow the crowds. (via Sugar Hero)
7. Sprinkles Fairy Bread Sandwich: If you put off cooking for your party until the last minute, this is the recipe for you. All it takes is bread, a spread of your choice (butter, Nutella, jam or even peanut butter — the possibilities are endless) and sprinkles for an award-worthy snack. (via Jackie’s Happy Plate)
8. DIY Glitter Marshmallows: When the show starts to get into the later hours, you’ll want to pull out these glitter marshmallows and the hot chocolate to reinvigorate your guests. Send home the extras as their very own presenter’s swag bag. (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
9. Homemade Spiced Sugar Cranberries: Add a little sparkle to your cheese board with tart-but-sweet sugared cranberries. They’re also perfect to drop into a glass of champagne for a pretty and edible garnish. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)
10. Oreo Olallieberry Chocolate Layer Cake: This will be the lifetime achievement award of your Oscar party snack table. Chocolate cake is layered with an Oreo and olallieberry frosting, topped with a chocolate ganache and sprinkled with an edible glitter for a dessert no one will soon forget. (via Desserts for Breakfast)
Show us your award-worthy Oscar party snacks on Instagram by tagging @BritandCo and using #iamcreative!