From Emma Robert’s desert rose ‘do to Jennifer Lawrence’s icy blonde look, there’s no denying that spring is the season to liven up your hair. If highlights are your usual go-to move when it comes to mixing things up, maybe it’s time to think outside the box. Whether you wanna hit the beach with an ethereal mane (a la mermaid hair) or are hoping to finally hop on the balayage hair trend, we’ve got the styles that’ll have you running to the salon, like yesterday. Scroll through these 11 trending hair colors to inspire your perfect spring transformation.
1. Balayage: There’s nothing wrong with taking a subtle approach to your spring highlights. This French free-handed highlighting technique is the *best* method for giving your locks that sun-kissed look.
2. Mermaid Hair: Traveling to an island oasis this spring? Head to the beach looking like a fish out of water (in a good way!) with this mermaid-inspired aqua-colored hairstyle.
3. Chrome Hair: This metallic chrome hue is the shade of the future! Achieve that sought-after cool-girl aura with this latest spin on the silver hair trend.
4. Hazelnut Hair: On the hunt for an easy way to transition away from your golden ‘do for summer? Hazelnut falls squarely between brunette and blonde, for the gal ready to go back to her natural roots.
5. Sunset Hair: This sweet tint is as romantic as a twilight stroll with your honey. Forget last year’s pastel-unicorn hair and opt for a pink sunset shade for your next stunning color.
6. Rose Gold: Whitney Port predicted it herself — rose gold is gonna be hot this year (she was talking about jewelry, but still). Rock a mane that’s better than bling with sweet rose gold locks.
7. Natural Blonde: Natural beauty is always gorgeous, even when you’re kinda faking it. Swap your ultra-light highlights and incorporate some warmer tones for a more au naturale look.
8. Dark Roots: Say goodbye to constant touch-ups. Embrace your dark roots with this effortlessly chic grown-out-color style.
9. Cinnamon Swirl: It isn’t just for breakfast pastries! With warm shades of honey, nutmeg and cinnamon, this delicious-sounding trend is great for giving you that multidimensional brunette + blonde shade.
10. Cotton Candy Pink: Sport a look that’s sweet as a carnival confection. This soft, pastel-colored ‘do is perfect for chilling at the beach or rocking out at your next music festival.
11. Platinum Blonde: Emit those It-girl vibes with this chilly blonde hairstyle. Pair with a feminine frock to juxtapose the warmth of spring with your ice-queen style.
How will you revamp your hair this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.