Goodbye, winter; hello, spring break! Before you start packing those party essentials, make sure you’ve made room for all the beauty musts. Namely, the stuff that will protect your skin and hair from extreme climate changes, unruly sun damage, and dehydrating air travel. Keep reading for the latest beauty savers that deserve space in your suitcase.
1. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Sheer Dry Shampoo Powder Spray ($25): While we always love the blowout-preserving benefits of a dry shampoo (so crucial on a vacay), the leftover white residue is a huge bummer. But you won’t see flakes with this travel-friendly micro-mist pump: The ultra-light powder (infused with caviar and vitamin C extracts) disappears on strands and reboots them for a fresher, softer, just-left-the-salon look.
2. Too Cool for School Coconut Milky Mist ($14): Even if you’re not landing anywhere near paradise, channel those tropical vibes with this refreshing spritz of pure coconut water and milk protein extracts. A perfect antidote to moisture-deficient environments (we’re looking at you, airplane cabins!), this elixir gives your skin that tall drink of water it needs and may make you want to order a piña colada stat.
3. Almay Healthy Glow Makeup + Gradual Self Tan ($13): Get your face vacay-ready by using this foundation now. The medium-coverage makeup (with broad spectrum SPF, an essential anywhere you go) will give you a flawless look and, over time, a sun-kissed glow.
4. Kiehl’s Kiss for The Cure Limited Edition Butterstick Lip Treatment Duo ($39): Your lips are going to need some nourishing, so do right by them by picking up these SPF balms, stat. With every purchase of these buttery lip savers, Kiehl’s will donate 100 percent of the net profits to the Bright Pink Foundation, which supports breast health education. Toss the two into your tote for your entire trip: Both are loaded with hydrating coconut oil and give a gorgeous shine, and the tinted one builds into a beautiful, party-ready, berry hue.
5. Australian Gold Botanical Mineral Sunscreen Lotion 50 SPF ($15): Sunscreen is a must no matter where you roam, but should your travels bring you south of the border, you’ll need more than just a face formula. Make sure your SPF is broad spectrum, which covers you for both UVA and UVB rays. This non-chemical formula is loaded with natural Australian botanicals (hello, protective antioxidants!), treats skin gently, and works even as you splash through the waves.
6. Garnier Fructis Style Frizz Guard Sleek Anti-Frizz Dry Spray ($4): Spring break beauty 101: Warmer temps equal unruly frizz. To keep those stray strands in control, mist a lightweight, water-free spray like this one all over your mane. The argan oil formula seals the cuticle, adds shine, and keeps hair looking smooth and flyaway-free.
7. Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Wonderful Pre-Wash Protein Treatment ($32): A protein-packed cream like this one — with coconut oil, panthenol, and shea butter — will beef up strands to prevent dryness and breakage that can happen when you hit the slopes or the sun. Do this mask a few days before you take off, and then toss it in your suitcase to keep your hair shiny and strong all week.
8. Yes to Cotton 100% Cotton Comforting Facial Wipes ($6): Made from recycled cotton, these super-soothing wipes are as comfy as your fave worn-in tee. The chemical-free formula is infused with cottonseed oil to keep skin hydrated and calm — perfect to refresh and regroup after a long journey, hard day of pool lounging, and long nights at the tiki bar.
9. Drybar The Tiny Tress Press ($49): So you’re only bringing a carry-on? This teeny digital straightener is a spin-off of its bigger sibling: With floating titanium plates, temp control, and a nine-foot cord, it’s just as worthy to make your mane look super smooth on the go.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.