File this under “cliché, but kinda true”: A girl who changes her hair is about to change her life. Whether you’re chopping off major inches or simply opting for a lighter hue, there’s no doubt that switching your hair with the seasons is the perfect cure for those winter doldrums. Need a little inspiration for your new
life hair? Our fave celebs have you covered. Scroll on to see which stars, including Janelle Monae, Katy Perry, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum, are welcoming the warm weather with new looks that say, “Peace out winter! Spring, I’m ready for you.”
1. Janelle Monae: Short hair, don’t care! The style savvy musician and Moonlight star debuted a freshly cut pixie on the Oscars red carpet (along with a killer gown too!).
2. Katy Perry: Of all the amazing hair looks the “Chained to the Rhythm” singer has given us through the years, this might be our favorite of all. First, she unleashed a bleach blonde bob, and then she slashed it down to a top-heavy pixie cut.
3. Emma Roberts: We’re loving this switch-up. Roberts ditched her signature blonde locks for a spicy new cayenne-inspired hue. Anyone else getting major (Aunt) Julia Roberts vibes here?
4. Teyana Taylor: Straight fire! The actress/Fade2Fit app founder has been rocking a bright orange bob, but very recently added some length to create loose and layered curls.
5. Carly Rae Jepsen: We know it’s cheesy, but we can’t help but really (really, really, really, really) like this look. The pop star’s tousled pixie got a platinum blonde makeover just in time for her tour.
6. Cara Delevingne: Not quite platinum, not quite silver — the hue is a breath of fresh air for the Suicide Squad actress. This new shade combined with a shorter, more blunt cut is very rock ‘n’ roll.
7. Chanel Iman: Honestly, is there a cut that she can’t pull off? The model chopped inches off her medium-length hair just in time for the Vanity Fair Oscars’ party.
8. Jenna Dewan-Tatum: While most celebs have been snipping some length off this season, Dewan-Tatum shook things up by adding a little instead. We like where her head’s at.
9. Nina Dobrev: A textured asymmetrical bob is everything RN, and Dobrev is a shining example of why. It’s carefree and effortlessly chic.
10. Allison Williams: Whoa, Marn, is that you? The Girls star debuted icy blonde locks earlier this season and recently gave them a fresh trim for a slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length cut.
11. Rihanna: Bad Gal RiRi didn’t just bless us with one look this season, but a whole line-up of new looks to love thanks to her Paper Magazine shoot. From green-hued spikes to a long lavender pony, it’s all so good.
Follow us on Pinterest for more celeb hair inspo!