You heard it here first: Spring need not be restricted to a slew of snoozy Easter bunny-inspired pastel hues to channel warm-weather vibes. With no shortage of scene-stealing color combos to test drive, it’s time to break the mold by adding some diversity to your palette this season. If our latest color crush is any indication, game-changing neutrals (like khaki!) and of-the-moment poppy red won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Cue your trusty spring florals and effortless spring jumpsuits for endless outfit combinations that will inspire you to step outside the sartorial box. Whether you’re a color enthusiast or a minimalist gal who relies on the occasional pop of color, we’ve got you covered with 10 OMG-worthy color pairings that you can start wearing right now.
1. Forever 21 Ruffled Chiffon Maxi Dress ($30) + C/meo Collective White Walls Trench Dress in Beige ($255): Repeat after us: All neutrals were NOT created equal. With April showers becoming a reality, you won’t want to leave home without a versatile beige trench in tow. For rainy-day perfection, style a sleeveless trench with a yellow chiffon maxi dress that would stun at a bridal shower or spring soiree.
2. Native Rose Festival Sequin Parka Jacket ($255) + Kate Spade Ribbon Cape Stripe Pleated Skirt ($298): Take it there with this Coachella-meets-garden-party getup that knows no limits. Shower festival- (and party-) goers in glitter with this sequin parka jacket that’s guaranteed to add major swagger to any look. For the quintessential springtime ensemble, pair it alongside a multi-striped rainbow skirt and a flower crown — ‘cause why not?
3. Forever 21 Textured Bodycon Dress ($25) + Topshop Petite Badged Bomber ($110): You didn’t think we’d forget Rose Quartz, AKA one of Pantone’s two colors of the year, did you? In lieu of rose’s harmonious counterpart, Serenity, lend some tough-girl edge to this femme bodycon dress in an army green bomber jacket and some cool kicks.
4. Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 Floral Print Silk Culottes ($98) + J.Crew Colorblock Sandals With Pom-Poms ($278): Step aside, cerulean — cobalt blue is the new editor-approved hue that will be dominating the street-chic scene before long. For a look that takes you from desk to drinks, style these next-level floral culottes with a silk blouse and some playful red color block heels (check out those poms!) that won’t go unnoticed on the dance floor.
5. Just Female Cosa Longsleeve Dress in Peach ($122) + ASOS Tall Order Mule Sandals ($55): There are certain tried-and-true springy color pairings that are simply too good to pass up. Peach and mint is one of them. Between spring weddings, Sunday brunch and date night with your boo, nothing says spring has arrived like this dreamy matchup consisting of a peach-colored shift dress and a pair of on-trend mule sandals (in mint, no less!).
6. Madewell Indigo Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($128) + Banana Republic Eryn Heeled Sandal ($148): Shades of denim? We’re so down. Whether you’re sporting a denim off-the-shoulder dress, a denim button-front skirt or tomboy-inspired overalls, a hint of red-orange is just what the doctor ordered. Team this indigo tie-waist dress with some statement-making orange lace-up steppers for a look that will take you from enjoying dinner alfresco to rooting for your fave baseball team.
7. Banana Republic Wide-Leg Jumpsuit ($138) + Mango Flap Cross-Body Bag ($40): Say buh-bye to predictable pastels with this totally unexpected combo that will earn you major style cred. Take the corporate world by storm with this deep red jumpsuit and uplifting goldenrod saddle bag that could double for festival season. A power blazer and d’Orsay pumps are obligatory.
8. Mango Embroidered Cotton Skirt ($80) + M. Gemi The Torre ($278): We’re color-crushing hard over this attention-grabbing combo that brings to mind a romantic rendezvous in Italy for two. Between the poppy red eyelet skirt and lilac suede pumps, you won’t have any trouble packing for paradise. All that’s missing is a flirty cold-shoulder top and some mega statement earrings for a sultry look that wows on all fronts.
9. Reformation Mandalay Dress ($198) + H&M Sandals ($35): Don’t wait until Memorial Day weekend to start your search for the perfect LWD. If it’s easy-breezy and half as daytime-casual as this ankle-length dress, there’s no doubt you’ll find a million and one ways to style it this spring (and beyond). Throw in some high-shine silver sandals for an after hours-approved look.
10. Cupcakes and Cashmere Eden Floral Print Romper ($125) + The Cambridge Satchel Co. The Traveller Bag ($240): Unleash your inner girly girl with this preppy pairing that Malibu Barbie would totes approve of. This laid-back chic bubblegum pink romper is just the thing for a balmy afternoon spent people-watching in the park. Accessorize with a free-wheelin’ powder blue crossbody bag and some quirky sunnies for a look that’s right in line with your free-spirited sensibilities.
Which color combo(s) are you excited to wear this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more color inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.