It can be tough trying to pick out the perfect gift if your friend is a real-life hostess who has the mostess. Maybe she needs things for the kitchen. Maybe something cute for her living room. Something practical, or maybe just something fun. Before you run through your list of usuals, check out this gift guide featuring 40 of our favorite spring hostess gifts that will make any all-star hostess smile. Whether you are looking for a DIY kit to hone her cheese-making skills or a light-up cocktail shaker to brighten her bar cart, these colorful + modern finds will definitely show her L-O-V-E.
1. Tablet + Phone Stand Kit ($19): Brighten up any space with this neon pink DIY tablet stand. Your friend will appreciate the fun pop of color and natural wood accent that this fab and functional stand brings. Whether they use it to read off a recipe while cooking or just to make work a little easier, this tablet and phone stand makes the perfect gift.
2. Karma Living The Snuggle Zone Blanket ($70): This ivory and patterned fuchsia cotton blanket is the one snuggle essential your friend never even knew she needed. Not only will this colorful blanket keep her nice and cozy, it’s the perfect way to add some color to her bedroom or reading nook.
3. Dot & Bo Go & Do Canister ($30): Now your friend can take her coffee and tea to go wherever and whenever she needs with this stainless steel canister. She’ll appreciate the motivational message written in gold to remind her to get sh*t done like the #girlboss that she is.
4. The Hungoevr Cookbook by Milton Crawford ($10): The Hungoevr Cookbook is the everything-guide/cookbook your friend needs to cook up a tasty dish while curing a wicked hangover. If your hostess friend knows how to put away drinks all night long, this entertaining and helpful cookbook might be a welcome sight the morning after.
5. Gourmet Island Sugar ($40, set of four): Whether it’s to spruce up a mixed drink or sprinkle over lemon bars, these unique and well-thought flavored sugars are just what’s needed to sweeten up your friend’s culinary adventures. With complementary flavors like coconut, lime, ginger and rum, this set of four sugars won’t take long to become her new favorite thing.
6. Heather and Myles Geyman Bedside Smartphone Vase ($32): Not only will this sleek vase pretty up a bedside table with its chic design and allotted space for flowers, but it’s also a charging station! Functional and stylish is every modern woman’s dream come true, which means your hostess friend will definitely love it.
7. Love & Victory Large Cactus ($58): If your hostess friend can be quite low-maintenance, you just found the perfect gift: Finally, a plant that your friend won’t have to water. It’s just the thing that’s needed to liven up a boring or empty space in the house, without worrying about upkeep.
8. Shiraleah Tribeca Jar ($32): This brightly patterned ceramic jar is sure to be a welcome chic addition to your friend’s home. Display it alone, with other vases or fill it with flowers — the choice hers.
9. Saffron + Kumquats Homemade Pickles Kit ($16): Give your hostess a chance to expand her culinary ventures with this homemade pickling kit. She can try her hand at pickling all kinds of veggies, whether she likes sweet or spicy.
10. Urban Outfitters Drink a Diamond Glass ($34, set of two): Add a little intrigue to your friend’s tableware with these faceted glasses. Whether she fills the diamond glasses up with bubbly or water, they’re sure to be a hit at future dinner parties.
11. Poketo Asymmetrical Candle Holders ($35+): If you’re looking for a gift idea that isn’t predictable, these asymmetrical candle holders (sold separately) might do the trick. Their intriguing, visually askew design is one that’ll have your hostess friend and her guests do a double take.
12. ban.do Hot Stuff Thermal Mug — But First, Coffee ($14): But first, coffee — is there really anything more that needs to be said? If your coffee-loving hostess friend likes her cup of joe to go, gift her this thermal mug that puts her #1 priority first.
13. ban.do Too Cold to Hold Drink Sleeve ($20, pack of four): Keep your friends’ fingers from freezing off while sipping a cold one with these colorful drink sleeves. Once your friend slides her favorite beer into one of these sleeves, it’ll likely be one of the *best days ever.*
14. DIY Journals: If you aren’t one to shy away from a challenge, this DIY journal is straight up your alley. The end result is an über cute hand-crafted notebook your friend can jot down her thoughts in, scribble down errands to run or use as a personal journal. (via Brit + Co)
15. Urban Cheesecraft Deluxe Cheese Kit ($50): The ultimate cheese starter kit is here. If your friend loves to wine and dine, you’ve just found the perfect gift. This mega kit includes five cheeses, a recipe handbook, dairy thermometer and whatever else is needed for your friend to become a proper cheese connoisseur.
16. Umbra Nose Place Like Home Tissue Holder ($9): Every time your friend reaches for a tissue, she’ll have you to thank for gifting her this adorable house-shaped tissue holder. Designed to fit standard square tissue boxes, this holder disguises boring old boxes and elevates them aesthetically into your home decor.
17. DIY Woven Placemat: Hone your weaving skills with this DIY woven placemat that’s sure to be a great gift for your hostess friend. Use it as a place mat for dishes, a serving mat or even a centerpiece with flower-filled vases on top — it’s a versatile gift she’ll definitely appreciate. (via Brit + Co)
18. DIY Fruit Slice Coasters: If you can set aside an hour of your day, spend it by making a set of six of these adorable fruit coasters. You’ll only need about $11 dollars worth of material to whip up this super cute DIY. Their bright and colorful fruity designs are perfect for upcoming spring and summer parties. (via The Crafted Life)
19. Bright July Coral Carpe Noctem Pillow ($55): Carpe Noctem translates to “seize the night.” If your hostess friend is a night owl who does all her work (and partying) in the darker hours, there’s no better gift than this inspirational pillow to get her through the night.
20. Avril Loreti Light Crystals Print ($20): This beautiful rainbow print was inspired by light refracting off crystals. If your hostess friend wouldn’t mind brightening up a bare wall, gift her this gem of a gift.
21. Flashing Cocktail Shaker ($15): Fun meets practical in this flashing cocktail shaker. Your hostess will love the idea of lighting up the party by mixing delicious drinks all night long. For more fun all around, throw in some light up glasses or ice cubes.
22. The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson ($35): If hearing “eggplant tacos with brie and cilantro” doesn’t make your mouth water, we don’t know what will. Give your hostess ideas for her next dinner party with this cookbook that’s all about mixing up fresh ingredients to create some seriously yummy vegetarian dishes.
23. ban.do Giant Gem Speaker ($40): Does your hostess friend love to get down? Bring her this neon pink *gem* of a gift. You know it’s a good buy when it can play up to three hours of uninterrupted music.
24. Grow + Make DIY Hot Sauce Kit ($34): Some like it hot. If spicy is the way your hostess friend likes her dishes then you’ve just found the perfect gift with this DIY hot sauce kit. This kit includes three hot sauce bottles with labels, assorted spices and peppers, recipes and everything else she needs to make three unique hot sauces.
25. ban.do Super Chill Cooler Bag — Rainbow ($34): Made of water-resistant matte leatherette, this uber cute cooler bag is just what your hostess friend needs to keep her drinks cool when on the go. It also doubles as a cute purse for whenever she hits the gym or the beach.
26. ban.do Peekaboo Tote Bag Blush ($36): Just imagine how pretty a bouquet of fresh flowers would look peeping from inside this tote! Its leatherette and translucent plastic design makes the Peekaboo tote bag one stylish accessory to carry around all your favorite goodies.
27. ban.do Ice Cream Cone Bank ($15): Here’s an ice cream cone-shaped bank that’ll make your friend happy no matter how much coin is actually in it. If you’re wondering how this adorable gift idea could get any better, it comes in “giant” size now.
28. DIY Wooden Pineapple Bowls: Perfect for her desk space at work or even her vanity, these brightly patterned DIY wooden pineapple bowls are a welcome touch of color. They’re also great for storing and displaying her favorite trinkets or knick knacks. (via I Spy DIY)
29. Leif Hibiscus Bath Soak ($36): Hook your hostess friend up for a day of serious pampering with this ultra relaxing bath soak. There’s no other spa essential needed besides this soak, which features a hibiscus blend known to improve elasticity, even skin tone, exfoliate and moisturize.
30. Ladies and Gentlemen Studio Cylinder Shakers ($70+): Choose from copper, brass and aluminum shakers for a sleek metallic kitchen decor that your hostess friend will appreciate. They’re specially designed with a protective coating to ensure maximum shine, so you’ll know she’ll love them for years to come.
31. DIY Patterned Candles: Gift your friend a set of pillar candles you can make in 10 minutes or less. No kidding! What you’ll need is a pattern you’d like for your candle, tissue paper and a hairdryer. In a few quick steps you can have a whole set of fabulously patterned candles. (via Brit + Co)
32. Fort Standard Crest Bottle Opener 3 ($60): If you’re looking for something a tad sophisticated, we’d recommend this bottle opener that’s been cast in solid brass. Its minimal design is one that’ll fit seamlessly with any style aesthetic your hostess friend may have.
33. Poketo Ceramic Steamer ($125+): Your hostess friend will appreciate the modern and traditional blend of this ceramic steamer. Inspired by the age-old design of traditional food steamers, this one combines ceramic, cedar and terracotta materials in a stylishly modern take.
34. Sunny Life Cactus Ice Trays ($19, set of two): Whether your friend chooses to make chocolate cacti molds or cacti ice cubes, one thing’s for sure: She’ll love this ice tray! Get ready to see cacti-shaped everything at all her spring and summer parties.
35. Sunny Life Watermelon Candle ($14): There’s nothing like the smell of fresh watermelon to get you pumped for the warmer months ahead. Get your hostess friend this refreshing watermelon-scented candle that’s soon to be her favorite spring item.
36. Sunny Life Pineapple String Lights ($25): There’s just something about pineapples that gets you thinking about your next trip to the beach. If her spring and summer night parties are the stuff of legend, then there’s no gift more fitting than these pineapple-themed string lights.
37. Poketo Bower Table Tiles Coaster/Trivet ($20, set of six): Impress the hostess with discerning taste with this intriguing set of geometric coasters. Their unique design creates the illusion of three-dimensional squares.
38. Hay Kaleido Tray ($25): These geometric metal trays are just the statement pieces your friend needs to display her favorite trinkets or even by itself, as art. But you’ll want to let her know, they’re actually not meant for food — they’re too pretty for that.
39. DIY Leather Stamped Keychains: This unique and thoughtful DIY keychain takes 5 minutes to make. Which means once you finish personalizing your hostess friend’s new gift, you can make another for your other friend’s upcoming party, and then maybe one for yourself… (via Brit + Co)
40. Umbra Prisma Multi Photo Display ($30): Get your hostess friend on top of her decor game with this modern photo prismatic frame. The metal wire frame is designed to be able to sit vertically or horizontally, so she gets to choose how best to display her favorite photos.
Find even more gifts for your favorite hostess with the mostess on our Pinterest page!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.