Spring is a time for new beginnings and that includes experimenting with a new look. With warmer temperatures and summer just around the corner, spring makeup gravitates towards brighter shades and pretty pastels. Whether you’re a beauty junkie who likes to play with new colors and techniques or just someone who prefers a natural look, there is something trending for everyone. From bright lips to bold liners to sheer highlighters, here are 15 ways to freshen up your look for spring.
1. Bold Orange Lipstick: Love orange lipstick but afraid it’s not the right color for you? Behold, this tutorial will help you find a shade that you’re actually comfortable with so that you too can sport this season’s hottest trend. (via Beauty and Sass)
6. Reverse Cat Eye: Less is more for spring… except when it comes to eyeliners. Check out this fresh twist on eyeliner from the Carven show by simply lining your lower lid and keeping the top bare. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
9. Mattify Your Lipstick: You’re no longer restricted to glosses and lip stains for spring. Matte lipsticks have made their way onto the scene, and now you can easily matte-ify using blotting papers. (via Byrdie)
13. Sunrise Eyes: Mornings are worth waking up to with this sunny citrus-orange wash across the lids. You can easily take this daytime look to night by layering it with eyeliner and mascara. (via Allure)
15. Touch of Under Eye Color: Instead of applying your eyeshadow only on the lid, take an accent color and dot it on the center of your bottom lash line for an extra splash of color. (via Nasty Gal Blog)
Which of these updates is your favorite? Do you have any other spring makeup trends you’re eyeing? Let us know in the comments below.