Between your stacked capsule wardrobe of on-point spring duds and a slew of killer accessories on standby — badass bandanas, trendy flatforms and colorful sunnies — your new season style is shaping up to be total street style bait. And that’s without even considering the endless styling opportunities of each piece. You’ve already passed the master class in layering spring dresses and styling a bodysuit like a boss, but it’s likely that you’ve never put much thought into coordinating your shoes and bag. Because let’s be real — we all have that one bag we reach for again and again, no matter what we have on. Going all-out matchy-matchy is totally off the table, but putting a little extra thought into the pairing yields some pretty Insta-worthy results. To seriously send your style into overdrive this season (because why not?), take a note from these 10 DDG ways to wear spring’s must-have sacs and steppers.
1. Zara Patch Crossbody Bag ($40) + Mango Snake-Effect Sneakers ($60): Slip-on sneakers are a lazy girl’s best friend, but they serve up a serious dose of off-duty cool too. For this iridescent pair, a classic sac simply won’t do, and that’s where this quirky crossbody number comes into play. The dreamy duo flips the script on urban-athleisure aesthetics and will transform closet basics into bonafide sartorial gold in a snap.
2. H&M Rectangular Clutch Bag ($25) + Topshop Denver Heeled Sandals ($48): A wooden sole and strappy mule silhouette give this platform sandal undeniable disco-era flair. For the ultimate fusion of throwback and right-now appeal, balance out the sandal’s groovy vibes with a streamlined clutch bag with a sleek circular clasp. Straight-up slay at your next GNO by styling it alongside a plunge-neck jumpsuit and carefully coiffed bun, then dress it down for casual coffee dates with cropped jeans and sleeveless roll-neck tops.
3. Violet Ray x Free People Holloway Vegan Tote ($88) + Eeight Marion Black Boots ($198): Toughen up a flirty frock or frilly eyelet top by sporting accessories with serious edge. Buckled ankle boots take feminine separates into femme fatale territory in seconds, with a weathered leather tote amplifying the effect. Rock ’em on the job with tailored ankle trousers and a longline blazer, or take ’em along on an afternoon of errand running with a simple shirt dress and cat eye sunnies.
4. From St Xavier Clutch Bag in Silver With Turquoise Stones ($107) + Latigo Inca Heels ($120): Making a statement never looked so good. For maximum impact, mix high shine metallics with unexpected prints. Pair with a swishy skirt and patterned tee for an off-duty look that sets you apart from the rest.
5. Mango Pebbled Backpack ($70) + ASOS Founded Studded Sliders ($43): Breathing new life into tried-and-true basics is easy with bold color and don’t-mess embellishments on your side. Skip the standard tote and toss your everyday essentials into this siren red backpack to start your weekend off right. Slip into a pair of studded crossover sandals and overalls for endless laid-back vibes.
6. The Cambridge Satchel Company Saddle Bag ($170) + Soludos Candy Stripe Smoking Slipper ($55): Just kickin’ it calls for casual steppers that won’t disappoint in the style department (because comfort and style should totally go hand-in-hand). These cheerful striped espadrilles definitely deliver, whether you’re struttin’ your stuff on the boardwalk or hanging with your besties in the park. Make them pop with a sunny yellow bag for a look you can wear all spring (and beyond).
7. J.Crew Mini Bucket Bag ($98) + Zara Braided Slingback High Heeled Shoes ($90): Break out of your Monday morning routine by swapping out boring black pumps and a structured tote for perforated slingback stunners and a tassel-tastic bucket bag that make the transition from desk to dinner so easy. Throw in some punchy pink lipstick and an effortless midi dress for a seriously scene-stealing ensemble.
8. AAKS Sese Tote Bag ($325) + Kelsi Dagger Morten ($145): Channel your inner beach babe any day of the week with this stunning seaside-inspired combo you can rock with chic suits or silky joggers. Take these bad boys along on a balmy weekend getaway — you’ll be ready to hit the sand the second you step off the plane.
9. Forever21 Genuine Suede Mini Shoulder Bag ($33) + J.Crew Gingham Knotted Sliders ($118): Before you whip out your go-to gladiator sandals (a shoo-in for suede skirts and denim frocks), give these knotted sliders a try. Their runway-ready appeal balances out an on-trend suede shoulder bag’s free-spirited style, injecting a note of It-girl elegance that feels right on cue for leisurely lunches or vintage shopping. Looking for extra polish? Pull hair back into a sleek chignon and tack on a gold cuff bracelet.
10. Nikki Reed X Freedom of Animals Boromo Circle Bag ($180) + Sol Sana Anna Slide Sandals ($85): No-fuss kicks were made for weekend chillin’, and these striped slides are no different. Teamed with a circular crossbody bag and a denim jacket, you have your off-the-clock uniform covered from now until Labor Day.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.