With the onset of college, you likely ditched your tried-and-true backpack for a chic carry-all or satchel to tote your everyday essentials. But with the backpack having made a major comeback over the last couple of years, there’s no better time than now to revert back to the classic sac. The fashion-forward options are endless, so you can scoop up a style you’ll use for years to come. But the real kicker is that they boast plenty of space for your laptop — whatever the size — so you can make sore shoulders — a common problem with shoulder bags — a thing of the past. Below, we’ve listed our favorite toss-on-and-go bags large enough to fit your 13-inch and 15-inch laptops. Scroll down to shop the ultimate busy girl bags.
Backpacks That Will Fit a 13-Inch Laptop
1. Radley London Large Flap Backpack ($266): When your schedule is jam-packed, a chic sac is a must to make the transition from desk to dinner and everything in between seamless. With its chic teal leather and structured silhouette, this Radley number will do just that.
2. Dr. Martens Large Leather Backpack ($240): With top handles and straps, this polished burgundy bag is crazy versatile, allowing you to adapt to any situation. Take this one along when you’re looking to impress.
3. Target Fringe Backpack ($30): Fusing both rocker chic and boho styles, a fringe-flecked bag will do more than just make toting your laptop from point A to point B decidedly easy — it’ll help you rack up those style points left and right.
4. Tumi Voyageur Brive Sling Backpack ($225): Bright purple fabric is sure to put a spring in your step, while the sleek sling style will set you apart from the rest.
5. Clare V. Agnes Backpack ($369): Clare Vivier’s signature fold-over clutch is reimagined for girls on the go in a big way. A roomy compartment makes toting your tech to class or running between meetings easy, effortless and super stylish.
6. Baggu Drawstring Backpack ($425): Drawing on fashion’s two fave styles for inspiration, this bag fuses a backpack’s effortlessness with a bucket bag’s it-factor. A bold blue hue makes it pop, ensuring you’ll turn heads wherever go.
7. AANDD Petite Pack ($478): Since white beyond Labor Day is now a thing, a snow white sac should totally make its way into your rotation. Perfect for the here-and-now and beyond, the pebbled leather feels incredibly luxe, while a striped rope handle adds an unexpected, laid-back edge.
8. SSense Camel Wool Backpack ($430): Camel-colored wool makes this sac ideal for the fall and winter seasons, while look-at-me stripes are visually arresting.
Backpacks That Will Fit a 15-Inch Laptop
9. Matt & Nat July Backpack ($150): Boasting high-end vegan leather and eye-catching color, this laptop-ready bag will quickly become a fave.
10. Timbuk2 Satchel Backpack ($348): This cool Cali-made bag is full of surprises. Not only does it boast the on-point style and functionality that you’d expect from Timbuk2, but the interior is lined with super soft faux fur too. Needless to say, your laptop will definitely be in good hands.
11. Kate Sheridan Manaca Backpack ($218): Leaving the house can kind of be a bummer on cold gray days, but with a graphic bag trimmed with fuzzy shearling on your side, you can take good vibes with you anywhere you go.
12. Adam Lippes for Target Shearling Backpack ($40): Nothing says fall like a little plaid, but instead of turning to your go-to flannel shirt to get your fix, add this buffalo-check bag to your outfit. And if the iconic print wasn’t enough, the shearling front pocket only amps up its appeal.
13. Herschel Settlement Backpack ($55): Minimalist though it might be, this color blocked bag looks flawless with just about everything in your closet and has you covered no matter what the season.
14. Marc by Marc Jacobs Crosby Quilt Colorblock Backpack ($198): This color blocked bag doesn’t just provide a crazy stylish spot to stash your laptop, but the brilliant color is also guaranteed to kickstart a little creativity.
15. Ash Domino Chain Leather Backpack ($285): Tote in true #girlboss style with a backpack that gives off major don’t-mess vibes. With chic black leather and gilded chains, it instantly elevates any outfit.
16. Eddie Borgo for Target White Marble Backpack ($45): Just in case you needed another reason to love sleek and sophisticated marble, here’s one more. This sophisticated sac will keep your gadgets and essentials safe and lookin’ fly.
What’s your way to tote your work week essentials? Tell us in the comments!