Have passport, will travel. If your signature move is skippin’ town at every opportunity — balmy beach days during spring break and big city exploring on bank holidays — a stylish laptop bag that lets you move with ease (read: racing through the airport to catch that connection) is totally key. Moving through security at rapid speed is a whole lot harder when your tech is lost under an avalanche of bag swag (who has time for that?!), so pockets, compartments and sleeves are a top priority. To get your on-the-go style game in gear so you can blaze straight through to your gate, we’ve scouted 16 stunning backpacks that are super stylish and fully functional.
1. Zara Backpack With Foldover Flap ($30): A sunny shade of yellow is guaranteed to get your getaway off to a good start. Throw a pair of statement shades and a colorful scarf inside, and you’ll be ready to transition from snow queen to beach babe like that.
2. State Bags Printed Smith Backpack ($110): Organized essentials are a sure-fire way to calm those pre-flight nerves. Luckily, this funky tie-dye number’s roomy interior and pockets galore has you more than covered. It makes a killer beach tote too (and who doesn’t love a little double duty?), so load it up with your sunscreen, a towel and your favorite reads, and hit the sand.
3. Matt & Nat Rio Tote ($165): Skipping the sun and the sand for a bit of pavement pounding in your favorite urban locale? This is the tote you want to take along. Clean lines and a soft pastel hue read big-city chic, so you’ll feel right at home the second you step off the plane.
4. Jump from Paper Traveler Backpack ($159): Like its name would suggest, this comicstrip-cool backpack was made for hitting the road. The one-of-a-kind design is the key to nailing your latest #whatsinmybag. This bad boy is a bonafide head turner.
5. Fiorelli Cobain Backpack ($82): This sophisticated leather style is a shoo-in for your next out-of-town adventure. Whether you’re traveling by plane, train or automobile, your style game will always be on lock. Add a statement key ring or silk scarf for a playful pop of color.
6. Herschel Dawson Backpack ($90): This nautical number was practically made for seaside escapes. Flirty white frocks, fedoras and bright criss-crossed sandals are its ultimate partners in crime. The best part? All the functional storage options, so you don’t have to pare down if you don’t want to.
7. Kate Spade Classic Laptop Case ($168): Getting down to business while en route never looked so good. Vivid colors give off endless good vibes, keeping on-the-job blues at bay, while an easy-access design means you can shave off some serious time from your airport security grind.
8. Baggu Backpack in Night Mountain ($19): Balance out that too-heavy suitcase (that last pair of sandals was so necessary) with a punchy knapsack that gives new meaning to traveling light. It’s perfect for packing away in your bigger bag and busting out once you’ve scored some sweet souvenirs.
9. She + Lo Silver Linings Backpack ($268): If you’re not down with extra baggage fees, do-it-all pieces are a must, and that’s where this distressed leather sac comes in. It’s style and functionality all rolled into one, so you’ll be doing the practical thing while earning some serious style cred.
10. Cambridge Satchel Company Folio Backpack ($250): Hello, timeless style. You’re right on cue. This pretty pastel number will let you go hands free, so you can navigate the terminal and the streets effortlessly. It would look especially fly with printed midi skirts and off-the-shoulder blouses.
11. Kimchi Blue Convertible Backpack Shoulder Bag ($89): Super structured bags don’t always play nice with overhead compartments. This suede convertible, on the other hand, flawlessly fits right in. And that’s not even the best part. The wear-it-any-which-way design means you get major bang for your buck. Pair up the dusty rose hue with denim rompers and chambray skirts.
12. Tahel Sadot Laptop Bag ($89): Sleek silver leather is ready to partayyy, making this roomy bag an obvious choice for day and night on your next getaway. Slide your laptop or tablet in the back sleeve for easy access at security.
13. Mossimo Supply Co Fringe Backpack ($30): Spring break, festivals, globe trotting — this fringe-flecked stunner has all your travel bases covered. Once you’re back on home turf, you’ll be bustin’ it out at every opportunity. It’s that good. A swipe of red lipstick and sleek minimalist baubles are all you need to send the fashion-forward vibes off the charts.
14. SackPack22 Dylan Backpack ($96): Proof that heavy duty doesn’t have to mean light on style, this gilded waterproof travel bag is vying for a spot on your to-pack list. It has your back if unexpected weather threatens to ruin your holiday, taking on heavy downpours like whaaat. And that sleek style? So sports chic.
15. Skinnydip Biker Backpack ($60): Even if it’s too hot for your fave leather jacket, this biker backpack steps up to the sartorial plate to inject some major #girlboss appeal into any outfit. Playful zips and button snap pockets ensure you can keep all your essentials — passport, tickets, lipstick (duh) — secure and right at your fingertips.
16. Timbuk2 Bourbon Tote ($198): Traveling can be totally unpredictable, but this rugged canvas and leather tote doesn’t mind getting roughed up. The sophisticated style is ready to take on whatever comes your way — including running through the terminal to make that connection.
Are you heading somewhere for spring break? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful and fun style inspo.