We’re way past the point of referring to it as a Canadian Tuxedo, but as cozy-cool as it has become, there’s still nothing subtle about a head-to-toe denim-on-denim outfit. We’re big fans of the bold blue trend for fall — you can bet we’ll be wearing our new pair of flares with our lived-in denim jackets pretty much every weekend and even taking casual Fridays to the next level in a soft chambray shirt and button-front denim skirt — but sometimes, we crave that classically casual look without going 100% monochrome. That’s why we’re so pumped about this season’s crop of indigo accessories. In all of their deep blue glory, they’re the one style hack you need to rock a more subtle version of “denim-on-denim” with your favorite pair of jeans. Scroll through to shop picks to pair with ‘em with our latest color crush below.
1. Madewell Lapis Starstruck Choker Necklace ($58): Lapis stone mixed with polished metal makes this necklace the chicest way to wear an extra pop of blue on blue.
2. Zara Wool Hat ($40): Glam up your flares with this navy wool hat and shoot straight to ‘70s It-girl status with tousled waves and chunky platforms.
3. Maven Collection Pushkar Indigo Silk Scarf ($160): Wrap this hand-patterned scarf around your jean jacket collar to keep the breezes at bay.
4. AJ Morgan Sincere Round Sunglasses ($27): Add a pop of blue to your sunnies to turn the accessory of summer into a ready-for-fall staple.
5. Nixon Kensington White Leather Watch ($125): A minimal band and a pop-of-blue face make this watch must-have fall arm candy.
6. LOTFI Dia Bag Large ($152): This batch-dyed canvas bag just might replace your go-to leather tote — we mean, those pom poms!
7. Leif Jaime Tassel Bracelet ($88): The way to give your cuffs and bangles a fun, frilly PIC.
What are your favorite unexpected ways to wear blue this fall? Tell us in the comments below.