Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer, but we like to think of it as the official start to a slew of light summer scents that are cool enough for the warm weather. We scoped out the freshest fragrances that won’t overpower, whether you’re stepping out on a windy beach or in a sweltering city. Scroll down to sniff them out and see which one is right for you.
1. Goop Edition 02 Shiso Eau de Parfum ($165): Channel a teeny bit of Gwyneth Paltrow’s life with this earthy mix of spicy shiso leaf and cool oakmoss.
2. Ralph Lauren Romance Summer Blossom Eau de Parfum Spray ($96): Even if you’re only planning an epic staycation, this fragrance will transport you to a romantic getaway, with notes of sweet guava, rich ylang-ylang, and sensual musk.
3. Derek Lam 10 Crosby Drunk on Youth Perfume Stick ($38): When the heat rises, dabbing on a perfume stick is a solid choice (the scent is way more subtle). Toss this one into your bag the next time you travel: The floral fruity blend — with notes of crisp apple and honeysuckle — pairs perfectly with a beachy vacay.
4. Aerin Bamboo Rose Eau de Cologne ($165): Heavy perfume blends just feel a tad too much this season, especially when you’re sporting barely there linens and sheer cotton blends. This refreshing blend of exotic roses, jasmine petals, dewy green leaves, and Sicilian bergamot feels as light and airy as your favorite Hawaiian shirt.
5. Pinrose Sun Saint ($65): This warm and spicy blend features notes of coconut, cashmere musk, and sandalwood that’s perfect for bare shoulders and an island breeze.
6. Clive Christian Noble VIII Immortelle ($550): The famed British perfumery (its predecessor was the only house allowed to use Queen Victoria’s crown on its bottles) introduces two new scents in time for summer: Magnolia, a floral explosion with bergamot, rose, and magnolia, and our pick, Immortelle, which releases scents of lemon and bergamot paired with amber and vetiver.
7. Philosophy Pure Grace Summer Surf Eau de Toilette ($48): Hoping to get yourself to the ocean this season? Get your sea fix with a spritz of this shore-worthy, limited-edition scent. Notes of sea spray accord and fresh tiare make wearing this scent the next best thing to dipping your toes in the water.
8. Kate Spade New York Live Colorfully Sunshine ($95): This lightened-up version of the popular scent is a refreshing mix of Tahitian vanilla, mandarin, and water lily. Even when skies are stormy and gray, one sniff will put you in a cheerful mood.
9. Victoria’s Secret Beach Bloom Fragrance Mist ($18): When you don’t want a full-on fragrance, a mist is an ideal option. Inspired by hidden waterfalls and lush, secluded beaches, this mist is a must for layering scents. Notes of Mariposa flower and Cuban frangipani mingle together to give you a whiff of an exotic escape, far, far away.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.