Before you doze off with your latest beach read and mirrored sunnies, remember to plan ahead for this extra packed and often overlooked gifting season. Whether it’s your BFF’s big 3-0, you have a few newlyweds’ homes to warm or you still have a few grad parties left on the circuit, start planning now, so you can totally unwind from now until Labor Day. Those lazy summer days can wait until you’ve found the perfect gifts for your loved ones. Keep scrolling for our top 10 trends in summer gifts.
1. Round Beach Towels: This summer, it’s all about circular beach towels. If your bud is a total beach bum, help them make a serious summer statement on their next sandy adventure with a patterned Soleil Stardial Round Beach Towel ($99) or The Beach People Paloma Round Beach Towel ($110). Bonus points if it complements their favorite bikini.
2. Palm-Inspired: Channel the tropics with palm-inspired everything. From the Paperchase Let’s Squawk Notebook ($10) to Lulu & Georgia’s Banana Palm Pillow ($57+) and the ASOS Palm Tree Ring ($10), they’ll be giving off happy vacay vibes all summer long.
3. Inflatable Pool Floats: It’s no secret that inflatable pool floats are majorly trending. Transform their next pool party with an update on last year’s swan craze with a Funboy Artist Edition Swan Series ($349), or go for the second best thing to a real slice of ‘za with a Big Mouth Inc Giant Pizza Slice Pool Float ($19).
4. Neon Pom Totes: Poms have been popping up everywhere this season, from colorful throws to off-the-shoulder tops to take-everywhere totes. Get her in on the playful trend with a Pepita Pom Tote ($112), a St Tropez Woven Seagrass Tote ($115) or an Eliza Gran Venice Tote ($98).
5. Watermelon Gifts: Fruit-inspired gifts are definitely having a moment: Move over, pineapple — it’s time for the year of the watermelon. Gift the Snapchat obsessed a Sonix Watermelon Case ($35), the fashion-obsessed the Bite Me Crossbody Bag ($58) or the pool-lover the FunBoy Inflatable Watermelon ($60).
6. Chokers: Thanks to a full-on ’90s resurgence, the choker is back. Make it easy for ‘em to style with a NastyGal More or Less Layered Choker ($20), or try a gilded Jules Smith Americana Choker ($98) or the go-to black Forever 21 Faux Leather Choker ($4).
7. Adult Mermaid Gifts: Let your bestie turn into Ariel IRL. Perfect for making a *statement* at summer pool parties, gift these Mahina Mermaid Merfun Flippers ($100). For a still fun but less obvious take on the trend, try the Mermaid Shampoo ($35), or opt for an at-home spa day and try out these mermaid-inspired mani ideas.
8. Iron-on Patches: Your favorite kid at heart will love the latest embroidery patch trend. Try out this DIY hand-stitched version or gift a SkinnyDip Wild Child Patch ($17), a Unicorn-Inspired 2 Patch Set ($9) or a full-on Patch Graphic Pullover ($20). They’ll be the coolest kid in school (or at the office).
9. Cactus Gifts: Even those far away from desert storms are feeling the cactus vibes these days. For your next summer party, show up with a Mini Cactus Pinata ($12), or for the new apartment dweller, help them spruce up their space with a neon Sunnylife Green Cactus ($29).
10. Unicorn-Lover Gifts: There is nothing more majestic or beautiful than the all-mighty unicorn. For the unicorn lover in your life, gift some fabulous Unicorn Queen Sunglasses ($55), a cutesy Love and Madness Unicorn iPhone 6 Crossbody Case ($30) or add some magic to their desk with a Unicorn Tape Dispenser ($15).
Searching for even more summer gifts? Browse our Pinterest boards for loads of gift inspo this season!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.