With so many summer parties and dinners on your social calendar, it’s only right we turn our eyes to the room that will be getting the most use this season. Giving your living room a summer refresh can be as easy, and as inexpensive, as hanging a few plants or swapping the accent pillows on your sofa. It’s all about channeling the fun and relaxation that summer brings without having to do a complete overhaul of the room. If you’re not sure where or how to start, we’ve come up with 13 of our favorite ways to revamp your living room style this summer.
1. Fun Pillows: Match the bright sunshine outside with some bright and fun pillows inside. And if you have a more neutral couch, you don’t have to worry about mixing patterns and colors. (via Desire to Inspire)
2. White Cover: A crisp white sofa is just like a crisp white dress in the summertime: It just works. Instead of buying a brand new sofa, cover your old loveseat with an easy-to-DIY white cover. (via Popsugar)
3. Hanging Plants: We love keeping an indoor garden all year, but in the summertime it can be both beautiful and functional. Plants like lavender and chrysanthemums are great for keeping pesky bugs at bay. (via Brit + Co)
4. Colorful Art: Hanging a piece of art on the wall can drastically change the vibe of your living space. Channel the bright happiness of summer with a bold and colorful watercolor painting. (via Lonny)
6. Extra Seating: Summer is all about entertaining, and with all the extra people in your home, they’ll need some place to sit. Make sure you’re always prepared with extra seats for guests. Bonus points if you style them with cute graphic pillows. (via My Dubio)
7. Temporary Hammock: After spending a lazy Sunday swaying in the breeze, you might just be tempted to keep a hammock in your living room year-round. It’s an easy way to have that summertime vibe in any space. (via Remodelista)
8. Palm Print Pillow: We are loving everything palm print right now, and these accent pillows are no exception. Pair ’em with neutrals and LOTS of metallics to really get the Palm Beach vibe going. (via Bliss At Home)
9. Sunlit Seating: On a tight budget when it comes to home decor? No problem. Just utilize the furniture you already have and rearrange it to take advantage of the summer sunlight. (via SF Girl by Bay)
10. Summer Colors: A sunset can inspire the perfect color scheme for your living room revamp. Turquoise and orange will look amazing on accent pillows, DIY wall art or even coffee table flowers. (via Centsational Girl)
12. Printed Pillows: The easiest and least expensive option for updating your living space for summer is buying new accent pillows. These coconut- and pineapple-print pillows would be a fun addition to any sofa. (via Life Instyle)
13. Woven Poufs: Our favorite aspect of patio furniture is the wicker material because it gives any piece a nautical, seaside feeling. These stackable woven poufs will help bring that feeling to your living room with ease. (via Smitten Studio)
Do you have any tips on making your living room ready for the summer? Talk to us in the comments below!