Odds are your iCal’s already stacked with pool parties and tropical-inspired luaus to keep you in check all summer long. But wait just a second… how exactly does a burgeoning fashionista go about decoding said party themes without a virtual stylist doling out 24/7 advice? Say no more. Keep scrolling for 10 foolproof looks guaranteed to wow at every fête, function, and bash on deck.
1. Summer Solstice Party: Spread the word: Come June 21, summer will officially be in session. If there’s one thing you don’t want to leave home without, it’s a statement-making one-piece that’s ready to make a splash. Shine on (literally) with this “xo sunshine” swimsuit that will have you gettin’ jiggy with it in no time. Ginormous banana float unfortunately not included. Brit + Co Pick: Ban.do x Private Party XO Sunshine Swimsuit ($99)
2. Epic Fourth of July Bash: No matter what your holiday plans entail, you can count on this playful RWB gingham romper (ahem, those bows!) making an appearance or two. Brit + Co Pick: ASOS Jersey Bow Back Romper in Gingham ($48)
3. French Riviera-Themed Cocktail Party: It’s just as chic as it sounds. But don’t be mistaken — you need not be an urban sophisticate to fit right in. Exhibit A: This black linen co-ord consisting of a cropped halter top and high-rise pants will have you schmoozing with the best of ‘em — just add a straw boater hat and an of-the-moment bamboo bag for maximum slayage. Brit + Co Pick: Reformation Claudia Two Piece ($218)
4. Hawaiian Luau: Attending a Hawaiian luau without a hibiscus print shirt is the equivalent of heading to the pool without rubber slides. It’s a no-brainer — no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Don’t have a raffia hula girl skirt within reach? Sub in an airy white maxi skirt (or denim cutoffs) and pile on some colorful flower leis to complete your aloha-themed lewk. Brit + Co Pick: 13Month Flower Printing Aloha Shirts in Red ($119)
5. White Party: We have Gossip Girl to thank for our extensive knowledge of white party etiquette. As you head to the Hamptons for a weekend with the ladies, reach for this white linen wrap dress. Complement the plunging neckline with a dainty gold pendant necklace and Grecian-inspired sandals. Brit + Co Pick: Cult Gaia Marlow Triangle Dress ($218)
6. New England Clambake Theme: “WTF is a New England Clambake,” you ask? Hint, hint: Limitless lobsters and clams may be involved — give or take a New England backdrop. Adhere to the preppy dress code with this billowy blue gingham blouse that can be dialed up with fringe-tastic earrings or pared down with chino shorts and everyday huaraches. Word to the wise: Bring extra napkins! Brit + Co Pick: LOÉIL Tabitha Top ($132)
7. Southwestern Theme: This is NOT just any old Taco Tuesday outing, folks. The next time you’re invited to a Southwestern-themed celebration, reach for this tongue-in-cheek cactus tee and accompanying red (think: chili pepper red) tie-waist culottes for a saucy getup. Brit + Co Pick: Kate Spade New York Cactus Tee ($68)
8. Rosé-Themed Garden Party: Don’t fret if you missed out on the 10th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic — here’s your second chance to get all dolled up in your Sunday best and sip rosé like a queen. Come equipped with this super flowy blush pink maxi, some lace-up espadrilles, and a flower crown for summer’s most lavish affair. Brit + Co Pick: Madewell Magnolia Tie-Back Maxi Dress ($158)
9. Boating Party With a Nautical Theme: As you might be able to surmise, maritime stripes, anchors, and quirky sailboat prints are all fair game for an afternoon yachting party. Opt for this carefree striped one-shoulder dress (all the more to double as a bikini cover-up, natch) and a floppy straw hat for a look that’s nautical-inspired at its best. Brit + Co Pick: Maeve Marketa One-Shoulder Dress ($118)
10. Outdoor Fiesta: YAS, girl. It’s fiesta time! Proceed to channel your inner flamenco dancer with these striped palazzo pants that are begging to be teamed alongside a flowy top, shoulder-duster earrings, and scene-stealing wedges. Let it be known: There will be a mariachi band and hanging chili pepper string lights to set the scene. Brit + Co Pick: Boden Margot Palazzo Pant ($270)
What’s your go-to summer party attire? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.