Before you go parading your new spring espadrilles and playful sandals around town, a next-level pedicure is in order. ‘Cause sporting bare toesies for the world to see obvs isn’t even an option! Cue the indecision: With so many OMG-I-gotta-have-that nail polish colors to choose from (poppy red, bubblegum pink and electric lilac), settling on just one scene-stealing hue is easier said than done. Whether your style sensibilities err on the athleisure side (“ugly” flatforms for you!) or you’re a self-proclaimed girly girl who swears by fifty shades of pink, we’ve got you covered for all of your springtime shenanigans. Bring on the sun with these 12 swoon-inducing summer sandal-and-pedi combos to fit any fashion personality.
1. Ella + Mila Nail Polish in Copabikini ($11) + Banana Republic Karolina Suede-Slide Sandal ($78): You’re a color enthusiast with an even more eccentric style to match. Between bold pops of neon and no shortage of preppy Breton stripes and gingham to go round, your summer pedi needs to pack a punch. Take it there with this fluorescent yellow five-free polish that won’t go unnoticed when teamed with a pair of striking blue suede slides for a daytime casual look.
2. RMS Beauty Nail Polish in Sublime ($15) + Topshop RAM Striped Sandals ($125): Pinch us, please! Proof that no two shades of pink are created equal, this glam duo is practically made for a spring bridal shower or Barbie-themed brunch. Style these candy-striped platforms with a LWD or cropped white flares, and let your bright pink toes do the rest.
3. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in The Pleasure Principle ($20) + Loeffler Randall Skye Gladiator Sandal ($250): City chic is the name of your sartorial game. Between coffee runs, play dates with your besties and dinner alfresco, you need a pedicure as wild and carefree as your fashion choices. This gorgeous shade of lilac is a mean alternative to bossy shades of red or overdone pinks. Round out your all-black-everything wardrobe with these cheetah print lace-up gladiators that can, and will, be worn with everything.
4, Jin Soon Nail Polish in Aero ($18) + Dolce Vita Javier in Yellow Suede ($70): Calling all minimalist enthusiasts! The occasional pop of color won’t kill you, especially when it’s in the form of a game-changing pedi. For the girl who swears by streamlined essentials (think: bucket bags, boyfriend jeans and simple tees), these on-trend suede goldenrod slides won’t cramp your style one bit. Live a little by temporarily ditching your usual nude pedicure for a vibrant baby blue that is serious #goals.
5. Burberry Beauty Nail Polish in Aqua Green No.418 ($22) + Kate Spade Ibis Pineapple Slides ($98): Bring the tropics to you with this foolproof pairing that will have you daydreaming of exotic faraway places for days. Hit up a pool party (or the boardroom) in style with these cheeky pineapple slides that are practically begging to be teamed with an itsy-bitsy bikini and some denim cutoffs. When you’re dipping your toes in the pool, this glossy aqua green polish will straight-up stun.
6. Zoya Nail Polish in Tulip ($10) + Madewell The Thea Sandal in Printed Calf Hair ($98): Just like your favorite street bloggers, you’re all about pared-down basics with a French girl ‘tude. Aspire to do less by pairing these leather calf hair sandals with a gorgeous salmon-colored polish that will keep you looking casual-cool all summer long. Denim cutoffs and a fedora are obligatory.
7. Formula X Nail Polish in Mermaid Green Pearl ($11) + Birkenstocks for J.Crew Arizona Sandals in Copper ($135): You walk to the beat of your own drum and like to wear flowers in your hair. It should come as no surprise that you gravitate toward free-spirited statement pieces that can stand on their own — like these copper Birkenstock sandals. Embrace the “more is more” movement with some flash tats and a brilliant metallic mermaid green polish that will wow on all fronts.
8. NARS Nail Polish in White Crème ($20) + Teva Women’s Flatform Universal ($60): Rock an athleisure look beyond the gym with these free-wheelin’ turquoise flatforms that will have you racking up miles on your Fitbit before you know it. Usher in those hot summer days with white statement toes that are simple and refined at the same time.
9. Color Club Nail Polish in Date With Destiny ($10) + Love Moschino Metallic Espadrille Sandals ($138): This season, you’re all about Gaga-inspired metallic accessories that set you apart from the crowd. Whether you’re decked out in sequins for a music festival or are channeling a disco glam look for date night, these futuristic espadrilles and holographic polish (with three-dimensional sparkle!) will have you breaking out in a spontaneous dance sesh like that.
10. Essie Nail Polish in Peach Daiquiri ($9) + Glamorous Tan Tie Up Pom Pom Flat Sandals ($43): While Coachella may be over, festival season has only just begun. In addition to a white Grecian gown and boho fringe, you can go ahead and add these pom pom gladiator sandals to your need-it-now list. Ditch the classic reds for this refreshing strawberry daiquiri-inspired hue that screams summer.
11. Floss Gloss Nail Polish in Wet ($8) + Mango Printed Platform Sandals ($80): With an iCal already filled to the brim with tropical getaways, it’s about time your inner island girl came out to play. You have an extra-floppy straw hat, a black scalloped bikini and even a pair of botanical-printed platform sandals made for a Hawaiian luau. But what’s missing? You best be painting your toesies in this electric turquoise polish for an upcoming weekend in paradise.
12. Lauren B Beauty Nail Polish in Zuma Beach Bum ($18) + Kate Spade Collin Sandals ($168): Hello, sunshine! Between hosting brunch parties and RSVPing to your fair share of spring affairs, you need a signature nail color that’s almost as infectious as your bubbly and outgoing personality. Channel an early summer with an uplifting yellow pedicure and strappy daisy sandals that call to mind balmy afternoons spent picnicking in the park.
What’s your go-to pedicure color to rock for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.