There’s no doubt that our favorite fashion trends are the ones revived from our childhood days. Sometimes a blast from our past is just what we need to get our sartorial wheels turning. In addition to overalls, get ready to add skorts to your summer shopping list. A hybrid between a short and a skirt, skorts are basically the best thing everrr. Here are 12 skorts with serious cool-girl appeal. No judgment here if you suddenly feel an urge to invest in them all.
1. ASOS Premium Skort ($63): This silky skort is just peachy. The pleated, high-waisted silhouette will make you stand out in any crowd, especially if you show up in a showstopping blazer.
2. Loose Fit Skort ($40): Hello, sunshine! Not only is this casual skort comfortable enough to parade around in for all of your weekend shenanigans, but the uplifting shade of yellow is an instant game changer.
3. Palm Garden Printed Pleated Skirt ($425): While this tropical palm print skort by Veronica Beard is a bit of a splurge, it’s worth it. From Sunday brunch to rooftop dinner parties in the city, there will be no shortage of opportunities for it to make an appearance this season.
4. ASOS Curve Skort in Bubble Crepe ($51): Allow us to introduce you to the LBS (“little black skort”) that you’ll inevitably want to pair with everything this season, including your go-to stripes.
5. Circle Trim Knit Skort in Berry ($40): If circle skirts are your jam, say no more. This effortless berry skort flaunts a swingy silhouette that will keep things easy-breezy even when the temps are scorching.
6. Linen Crossover Short ($40): It’s official: J.Crew just gets us. This navy linen skort has us reminiscing over our junior high days when skorts were part of our unofficial uniform. Thankfully, we now have a more grown-up version to test drive this summer (and beyond).
7. Origami Wrap Tie Skort ($68): Despite what you may have been led to believe, skorts can err on the semi-professional side. Speaking of which, this wrap-style skort would look perf with either a crisp white button-down or silk cami.
8. Speed Skort ($48): Proof that there is such a thing as love at first sight, we’re convinced that we need this skort and its southwestern flair. Be it a quick getaway to the Hamptons or a summer music festival, this skort is most definitely warm weather-bound.
9. Pointed Hem Skort ($31): While this white asymmetrical skort may appear simple at first glance, it should not be overlooked. This is the type of skort that is meant to be paired with Birkenstocks and a slouchy sweater for the ultimate cool-girl look.
10. Zipped Linen Skort ($88): Sporty is our middle name. It’s striped skorts like this one that make us want to pick up the good old tennis racket and slip into a pair of sneaks for a quick round. Match point.
11. Naomii Snake Print Skort in Cobalt Blue ($16): This high-waisted snake print number is ready to come out and play. For your next outing, don’t hesitate to pair it with a fancy blouse and strappy wedges.
12. Polka Dot Skort ($29): We’re pretty sure that polka dots just may be the most versatile print in existence. When paired with a sleeveless blouse or crop top, this black and white dotted skort will have you channeling your inner T-Swift in no time.
Will you be jumping on the skort bandwagon this summer? Tell us in the comments below!