There’s no better way to usher in the official start of summer than with a new pair of kicks. As the temps start heating up, your capsule wardrobe should begin shedding anything-but-basic lazy girl summer style essentials. It can be tough to find that perfect mix of sensible and fierce that can take you from work to a crazy night on the town. But don’t be mistaken — power heels and throwback platforms aren’t the only answer. In search of a wobble-proof summer look? Right this way, ladies! We’ve got you covered with 17 playful summer wedges that will keep the blisters at bay and help you achieve a come-hither look around the clock. And they all come in at $100 or less, so you can snag a pair (or three) for endless Instagram-approved #OOTDs.
1. ASOS Headland Caged Wedges ($73): Make way for these sartorial showstoppers that bring the wow factor (and then some). If the fluorescent lime color doesn’t catch your eye, then the four-inch wedge and strappy design certainly will! Proceed to style ‘em with a black bodycon dress for a bachelorette party or upcoming GNO.
2. Modcloth I’m Well A-Wear Wedge ($45): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up these OMG-worthy yellow cork wedges that are the epitome of summer. Not only will they add major pep to your step, but they’ll look ah-mazing with a floral romper or a neck-plunging maxi. Sign us up, please.
3. Topshop Wolf Espadrille Wedge ($75): Espadrilles and summer are like peanut butter and jelly — they just go together. Usher in a slew of easy-breezy outfits with these blue suede flatforms that are begging to be teamed with white shorts and a chambray shirt for a low-key preppy look.
4. Charles & Keith Lace-Up Espadrille Wedges ($59): Obsessed would be an understatement — our love affair with these gingham espadrilles has only just begun. Style these HR-approved wedges for the boardroom with a white shirt dress and a silk scarf for a French-girl look that never gets old.
5. Missguided Knee High Wedge Gladiator Sandals ($49): Between outdoor concerts and glamping getaways, we can think of an occasion or two when these dramatic wedge gladiators might come in handy. Factor in an embroidered denim jacket and frayed cutoffs for the ultimate festival-friendly look.
6. ASOS Jacqueline Point Wedge Espadrilles ($36): Don’t you dare reach for plain ‘ol canvas sneakers when you have a pair of these orange lace-up espadrilles on standby. Not only is the heel relatively modest, but these steppers are casual enough to rock with denim shorts and a baseball jersey for a beach bonfire.
7. Nordstrom BP. Summers Wedge Sandal ($70): Chic would be an understatement. These striped cross-strap wedges are a no-brainer when it comes to endless fun in the sun. Think beyond your usual prospects (little white dress, we’re looking at you), and don’t be afraid to mix it up with a coral monokini or an off-the-shoulder chambray dress.
8. ASOS Jerwood Wedge Tie Leg Espadrilles ($36): When your trusty ballet flats start feeling meh, switch it up with these striped espadrilles that read Parisian chic. Perfect for your travels abroad, or just a summer wedding in Montauk, they’re guaranteed to class up every look.
9. Steve Madden Sailboat Sandals ($100): Can’t get away? Bring the vacay vibes to you with these vibrant fisherman-inspired wedges that remind us of a weekend spent in the Hamptons (we wish). The sailor rope tie-up detail will fit right in with your uniform of nautical stripes, especially once you toss a straw fedora and tortoiseshell sunnies into the mix.
10. Jeffrey Campbell Burma Sandals ($90): Laid-back chic and understated style are where it’s at this summer! In lieu of towering platforms, try these sensible peekaboo striped wedges on for size with denim overall shorts and a tee. Whoever said you had to sacrifice comfort for trendsetting style was surely mistaken.
11. Missguided Silk Tassel Lace Up Single Sole Wedge ($49): Trust that if you have a fancy gala, we will find a pair of dancin’ shoes you can actually dance in. Get your groove on in these head-turning tassel wedges featuring a luxe gold heel that will kill when styled with a LBD.
12. Zara Bow Detail Leather Wedges ($90): Get ready to swoon hard for these lace-up bow wedges that may or may not be reminiscent of Blair Waldorf and her frilly frocks. Dress them up with everything from a white midi skirt to sailor shorts for major style cred this summer.
13. Zara Platform Wedges ($90): Comfort is luxury, people! These futuristic silver wedges are a cool girl-approved alternative to the Spice Girl-esque platform flip-flops that dominated the ‘90s. Major bonus: When teamed with a white tennis skirt and track jacket, you’ll have that athleisure look down pat.
14. Forever 21 Striped Espadrille Wedges ($28): Repeat after us: Basic does not have to mean boring. When it comes to rounding out your summer capsule wardrobe, a pair of these wear-everywhere striped espadrilles will always do you right. Period.
15. ASOS Tell All Espadrille Wedge Sandals ($52): Take full advantage of those sweet summer days with these eye-catching coral wedges you’ll rely on time and time again. As easy as slip on and go, they’ll take you from a picnic in the park to grabbing drinks at sunset like that.
16. Charles & Keith Ankle Strap Platform Wedges ($49): Not just any old sandals will do, which is why we are all about these gorgeous floral wedges that lend some visual interest to an accordion pleated skirt or office-appropriate culottes. Don’t forget to throw in a crisp white button-down and #girlboss satchel for max perfection.
17. ASOS Tornado Lace Up Wedges ($61): Who needs accessories when your going-out espadrilles are this DDG? Picture these lace-up fabric wedges styled alongside a denim dress and leather tote for a weekend stroll through the farmers’ market. Better yet, channel your inner boho babe by tossing some vintage flares and an embroidered blouse into the mix.
What’s your go-to way to style wedges for summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.