At this point in the year, our beach days are numbers. But there are still a handful of occasions left on our summer schedules where we want to look like we’ve spent every one of our free days soaking up rays. Since that scenario is too luxurious to be true, we’re turning to our trusty sunless tanners. Not only is it the fastest option for going from fair-skinned to full-on bronze when you need to put together a polished look, but the faux glow also helps you avoid pre-mature aging and wrinkles. Win-win! So wrap up the season with sunless-kissed skin with these 14 sunless tanners that will make you a believer in the fake bake.
1. Guerlain Terracotta Sunless Self-Tanning Balm ($52): Guerlain was the first brand ever to hit the market with a bronzing powder, and they continue to rival luxury brands with top-notch products. Testers gave this product an overall excellent rating with the platinum price tag being the only downside.
2. Bare Minerals Faux Tan Body ($26): It’s always tricky trying to produce a model-perfect tan, but Bare Minerals hits it home with a beautiful medium-golden color and streak-free finish. The almond oil and cherry oil give this product a nice scent with a barely-there smell once it dries.
3. VITA LIBERATA pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse ($54): While a bit of a splurge, this sulfate-free mousse will give you a tan that lasts two to three weeks — which could equal two, three… six weddings if we’re doing that math correctly. We’re already huge fans of the brand’s Rapid Tan Mousse, which gave us a week-long glow we L-O-V-E-D.
4. Model Co. Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturizer ($15): A fashion model’s staple, Model Co. Gradual Tan scores top marks for color, smell and application. With triple action properties, it gradually tans, extends your tan and moisturizes all in one.
5. Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel ($36): This tanner produces some of the most consistent color ever. Lasting a whopping four to five days, you really get the best bang for your buck here.
6. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster ($30): From sun-kissed to sun-drenched, simply mix with your regular day or night cream to gradually develop natural-looking, beautifully bronzed skin. With a 99.8% natural formula, you can expect to give this product top marks on all accounts.
7. Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiance ($11): If your heart lies with drugstore brands, here’s your wallet-friendly way to achieve the streak-free sunless tan. Perfect for those with medium to olive skin, this product only has one drawback: It takes a full five days to see results. That said, with a little patience, Nivea will not disappoint.
8. Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion Medium/Deep ($29): Fake that beach glow, girl! Drying time is a bit long with this tanner, but a very light tint allows you to see where you’ve applied — without looking like you’ve slathered yourself in barbecue sauce.
9. L’Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer ($11): There’s no denying L’Oreal’s gradual self-tanner is the best drugstore buy around. With a hardly-there smell, good color and can’t-be-beat price, this is an all-around winner.
11. Laura Mercier Bronzing Gel Face ($32): Both sheer and lightweight, a little bronzing gel will go a long way. It gets two thumbs up for being best-in-class when it comes to a sun-kissed look.
12. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer ($8): If you are new to self tanners and don’t want to shell out tons of cash in the trial phase, then this is the product for you. Replace your go-to daily moisturizer with this gradual self-tanner and watch your once pale skin turn a beautiful beachy bronze.
13. Decleor Self-Tanning Milk ($36): Made of natural plant extracts and rose essential oil, this self-tanner produces a flawless finish while boosting your skin’s natural defenses to sun exposure. With a light summer fragrance, your skin develops a hydrated, radiant long-lasting glow.
14. Bare Minerals Faux Tan Face ($24): If you’re making your bod bronze, then you’ve got to make your mug match! This bronzer is the perfect solution to brighten your face. Reviews not only tout this product as being amazing and impressive, but also claim that it’ll save time on that rigorous morning foundation routine.
Will you be trying any of these products? Got your own go-to for glow? Let us know in the comments below!