Here’s what’s up: Kale is going seriously mainstream. No, we don’t mean it being one of the mixed greens options at TGI Fridays. We mean going to Sunday night. That’s right. Hipsters, gastropub enthusiasts, and superfoodies better watch their step — Kale is going to the Super Bowl.
According to the New York Post the chefs at MetLife Stadium “are pulling a quarterback sneak” on this Sunday’s football fans by slipping kale right into a chicken-sausage sandwich. That’s right. Sneaky healthy eating is now a thing, and we’re totally on board. So on board that we collaged a picture of kale with a football on a field.
How can you get in on the kale train this Sunday? Obviously by making one of these yummy kale starters from the Brit + Co. archive ;)
1. Pepita Kale Salad in Parmesan Cups: First of all, did you know that you can make a bowl out of CHEESE? Yeah. Parmesan is pretty amazing that way. Fill it with crispy kale and pepitas!
2. Two-Bite Kale Tabouli Pockets: These healthy pockets pack a punch and are a great make-ahead snack for game day.
3. Low Carb Cauliflower Kale Quiche Cups: Low Carb and Quiche in the same sentence? All thanks to a cauliflower crust.
4. Kale Chips: You’ve gotta have the now-classic kale chips in the mix. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and toss in olive oil. Then bake at 250 degrees F for 15 minutes, and you’re good to go.
5. Bacon, Kale, and Mushroom Risotto: For a more hearty option, this microwave risotto (yes, microwave) is tasty as ever.
What are your favorite kale recipes? What do you think about this trendy green hitting the football field? Talk to us in the comments below.