If you’ve gotten comfortable with gnawing on lightly salted edamame pods as a snack, you might not realize just how versatile those little beans can be. Naturally gluten-free, edamame is a healthy and hearty source of iron, calcium, and protein. They’re fabulous on their own, but they can dazzle up your soups, salads, and those beloved soba noodle dishes too! If you’ve never thought to throw those shelled beans into a meal, we’re about to change your ways with 14 crave-worthy recipes.
1. Courgette and Edamame Miso Soup: Soup season doesn’t really have to be over. This refreshing miso version brings zucchini, nori, and healthful edamame to the mix for a tasty lunch or light dinner. (via The Flexitarian)
2. Edamame Rice Cracker Bites: These vibrant little bites turn wholesome ingredients into a jaw-dropping snack. Cilantro cashew sauce is spread over crackers and covers all the bases by adding a veg, a fruit, and a plant-based protein. (via The True Spoon)
3. Vegan Poke Bowls: This vegan twist on the in-vogue poke bowl is EVERYTHING. Tofu cubes are tossed in a zippy sauce, then tossed with noodles and crisp veggies for make-believe poke perfection. (via Choosing Chia)
4. Kimchi Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes: After indulging in one of these, you’ll never think about cheesy twice-baked taters again. These glorious sweet potatoes are filled to the brim with edamame and spicy kimchi, then drizzled with a gochujang aioli that packs a solid punch. (via Bourbon and Honey)
5. Edamame Falafel Sandwiches: Falafel as we know it gets a total makeover in this recipe, and we’re in love. Edamame replaces chickpeas to put a fun spin on an already delicious classic. (via The Foodie Physician)
6. Broccoli Edamame Salad With Miso Dressing: With nourishing edamame, crisp broccoli, and an umami-filled miso dressing, this salad is a big HELL YEAH. Boasting an abundance of plant-based protein, the medley is vegan and free of both dairy and gluten. (via Nourish Every Day)
7. Teriyaki Vegetable Quinoa: This recipe swaps rice for quinoa, and it’s AH-mazing. Full of crunchy greens, tender mushrooms, and edamame, this dish will easily become a dinner fave. (via Pumpkin and Peanut Butter)
8. Chili Garlic Edamame: Edamame is *so* good that you can enjoy it in its simplest form, straight out of the pod! These pods are seasoned with a spicy and garlicky rub to create the kind of snack food you won’t want to put down. (via Little Broken)
9. Vegan Pho Soup: Not much in life is as satisfying as slurping spicy, noodle-y Vietnamese pho. This plant-based spin is ready in just 30 minutes, so you can indulge any time of the week — even on a busy weeknight. BEST. (via Delicious Everyday)
10. Soba Noodle Salad With Lime and Soy Dressing, Edamame, and Avocado: If soba noodles are your jam, you need this cool and refreshing salad in your life, stat. The noodles are tossed in a bright and zesty ponzu for the perfect nod to spring. (via La Cuisine D’Eli)
11. Wasabi Avocado, Edamame, and Pink Grapefruit Noodle Salad: This bowl of goodies is what vegetarian dreams are made of. Rice noodles are slathered with a zingy sauce, then mixed with colorful ingredients for a healthy, lip-smackin’ meal. (via The Healthy Hunter)
13. Edamame Avocado Hummus: This bright green spin on a classic hummus is a welcome change, y’all. It’s packed with refreshing flavors, and it only takes 10 minutes to whip up. (via Foodie Girl Chicago)
14. Balsamic Ginger Beet Noodle Bowl With Avocado, Blood Orange, and Edamame: If you’re livin’ the low-carb life but suffering from noodle bowl envy, don’t fret. These “noodle” bowls bring spiralized beets to the table with big nutrition and big flavor. (via Cara’s Kitchen)
Check us out on Pinterest for more delicious + nutritious meal options!