Right as apple and pear seasons are coming to a close, pomegranate season is beginning. Along with citrus fruits, poms are about to hit their prime, and you can score an awesome deal on this powerhouse fruit at the grocery store. While they are delicious just cut in half and eaten with a spoon, pomegranates add a touch of crunch, tang and sweetness to recipes ranging from Moroccan-inspired chicken dishes to salads to tropical acai bowls. Grab a few pomegranates next time you’re at the store and get ready to not only up your recipe game, but also your immunity, thanks to its vitamin C content.
1. Goat Cheese, Delicata Squash + Pomegranate Tartine: This dish can do double duty as an appetizer or breakfast. Crunchy pomegranates balance the creamy sweetness of butternut squash. Plus, anything on bread *has* to be delicious. (via Le Petit Eats)
2. One Pot Chicken Couscous Dinner: Time is valuable during the holidays, and this recipe will be on the table in 30 minutes. It’s healthy and you’ll look forward to the leftovers for lunch the next day. (via Brit + Co)
3. Pomegranate Mousse Brownies: These *need* to be on your dessert table. Almost too pretty to eat, these chocolate and pomegranate brownies feature a flavor combination that can’t be beat. (via Peas and Peonies)
4. Coconut Curry Quinoa With Mushrooms, Lemongrass + Roasted Cauliflower: The bright colors of this curry make it totally holiday appropriate. If you’re sick of traditional heavy holiday foods, this dish is for you. (via Plant Crush)
6. Autumn Acai Bowl With Greek Yogurt, Figs + Pomegranate: Don’t undo your hard work at the gym with an unhealthy breakfast. Whip up this totally Instagramable smoothie bowl for a breakfast that will keep you feeling your best. (via Ciao Chow Bambina)
7. Pomegranate Chai Whole Wheat Waffles: Surprise your honey with breakfast in bed that isn’t just delicious, but healthy too. Whole wheat and packed with protein from Greek yogurt and antioxidants from pomegranates, this will be a holiday season staple for years to come. (via Yeah… I’mma Eat That)
8. Kale Salad With Roasted Pumpkin, Brussels Sprouts, Goat Cheese + Pomegranate: Here is the only salad you need for the season. It’s totally filling, and the creamy roast pumpkin pairs perfectly with tart pomegranate. (via Stephanie Gold Marie)
10. Chocolate Almond Bark With Pomegranate + Ginger: This is *the* perfect holiday hostess present. You won’t need to turn on the oven for this gift-worthy dessert. Plus, it won’t go stale before you have a chance to drop it off. (via Things I Made Today)
11. Romanesco + Cauliflower Salad With Pomegranate: Isn’t this the most beautiful and vibrant salad ever? It has next-level texture and flavor by mixing crunchy and soft with sweet, sour and savory. Bring it to a potluck or make extra servings for lunch all week long. (via Win-Win Food)
12. No-Churn Peanut Butter Pomegranate Ice Cream: Ice cream is so easy to make, it’s almost criminal. This version is kind of like an autumnal PB&J, but made with fresh pomegranate instead of sugary jam. (via Port and Fin)
14. Mishti Dohi (Indian Baked Sweet Yogurt Cream): Was one of your New Year’s resolutions to cook more exotic meals? This Indian dish is actually pretty simple to make, and can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. (via Tara’s Multicultural Table)
16. Golden Beet Noodles With Goat Cheese, Pepitas + Pomegranate: Don’t turn to pasta when looking for comfort food this winter — turn to beet noodles instead. It’s perfect for packed lunches — you won’t regret making this recipe. (via Inspiralized)
17. Parsnip, Lentil + Bean Salad With Pomegranate: Who needs berries in a salad when you can have pomegranates? This gluten-free and vegan salad is great for a light lunch or dinner before your holiday parties. (via The Flexitarian)
What are your favorite recipes with pomegranates? Let us know below in the comments.