You know the song “Working For the Weekend”? That’s exactly the opposite of what we’re looking to do every Friday evening through Sunday night (make that every evening, actually). Amazon and TaskRabbit have heard our cries and introduced a new feature that is every lazy girl’s (and overworked gals’) fantasy.
Our friends at TaskRabbit (remember #3dvalentine?) have joined forces with Amazon to make the online retailer’s Home Services platform a more seamless process. This first-of-its-kind integration enables Amazon shoppers — that’s basically everyone — to hire a vetted and insured Tasker for all types of handy(wo)man services. With one-click shopping, you’ll say goodbye to heavy lifting (and basic annoying tasks) altogether.
Launching first in San Francisco and then gradually expanding to other cities in the coming weeks, this service will provide buyers a variety of Taskers to take care of handy(wo)man work, furniture assembly, product installations and so much more. After purchasing your items through Amazon, you get the opportunity to pick your Tasker based on ratings and reviews — remember, they will be hanging out with you in your house. Then, once you pick the perfect person for the assignment, the only work you have to do is, you know, whatever else is on your to-do list.
We’re serious when we say this is the lazy girl and guy’s dream. Since this service is the equivalent of having your own personal Genie, we thought up a chore list that Amazon and TaskRabbit’s partnership will make possible. Because who better to power through it than anyone but us? ;)
1. Mount Your New Flat Screen TV: You just treated yourself to the 65-inch Smart TV you’ve been eyeing for a while, but now you can add on a friend to help you get it on the wall… and hide your cables too.
2. Assemble Your Furniture: Just the thought of putting together that newly purchased sectional sofa brings back all the IKEA PTSD of your college and after-college years. Now you can shop it and someone else can take that DIY action off your hands so all you have to do is decorate ’em once complete.
3. Clean Your House: Haven’t dusted or mopped in ages and don’t really actually ever plan on doing those activities? Buy all the essentials — window cleaning soap, laundry detergent, a vacuum, etc. on Amazon — then pick out a pro to help whip your place into shape before the ‘rents visit.
4. Childproof Your Home: The toughest question is where to start — other than the obvious baby gate, cabinet locks and outlet covers. Once you’ve added all the necessities to your shopping cart, assign a pro to this assignment to guarantee your child gets into absolutely nothing they shouldn’t.
5. Install Your Exercise Equipment: You want to work out but you don’t want to do the pre-workout of setting up that brand-new elliptical, treadmill or bike. Now you can shop pump you up gear and a Taskers (with protein shake in hand?) can help assemble and design your in-home gym.
6. Move Your Furniture: You just bought that new ottoman you’ve been eyeing, now you need to figure out a way to fit it into your living room’s feng shui. Get a Tasker with a creative eye to help you out.
7. Paint Your Walls: Though you are totally a homemaker, you might need a little help actually getting that accent wall going after picking out the perfect hue. Assign a Rabbit to make it happen and you’ll be coming home shocked like one of those homeowners from Trading Spaces.
8. Get Your Garden Together: You are loving the arrival of spring and all the gardening that comes with it, and now you can get it started with a couple extra green thumbs.
9. Snow Plow Your Driveway: Bookmark this one for winter NEXT year (actually we’re bookmarking it for our Xmas gift to our snowed-in dads!). You can actually buy snow supplies and then get someone to help you put ’em to use on the regular.
10. String the Holiday Lights: Another good one to save — once you pick out your multi-colored lights and inflatable scenery for extra holiday cheer, you can call on someone to help you string them in all of your Clark Griswold glory.
Will you be taking advantage of this TaskRabbit + Amazon partnership? Let us know in the comments.