Why is it that some of our favorite things — coffee, tea and sugar — get in the way of keeping those pearly whites from dazzling? We’re not about to kick our morning joe ritual, and we don’t have to because teeth whitening is an easy thing to achieve these days without spending $500 or more at your dentist‘s office. To help you navigate the ever-increasing number of products out there, we’ve brushed up on the best kits to get those canines looking like they’re part of a Colgate commercial.
1. 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Supreme Flex Fit ($60): These are Crest’s top-of-the-line teeth whitening strips, known for fast results and an incredibly great fit. Beautify your smile with simplicity and comfort.
2. Smile Whitening Light System ($69): We pay the price for beauty, right? This gadget surely whitens teeth, but it’s time-consuming. To use this kit, apply a peroxide gel, then hold an LED light to your teeth for up to 10 minutes to activate the formula. Users say the light system successfully whitens teeth at least one shade lighter. And who knows? You may build some arm muscle holding up that LED light! (via Beauty Bar)
3. Professional Whitening System ($36): Designed by a dentist, this whitening system safely whitens, while also cleaning, protecting and strengthening teeth. Perfect for on the go, there are no trays, strips or gadgets to mess with. Simply apply the whitening toothpaste and the whitening accelerator to your toothbrush and brush away stains the healthy way.
4. Lumist Advanced Teeth Whitening Strips ($40): Whitening strips are nothing new but what if we told you these are almost undetectable?! Lumist boasts a flexible-fit whitening strip that lets you go about your business while your teeth whiten — in stealth mode!
5. Brilliant White Ionic Teeth Whitening System ($195): It looks more Jetsons than it really is. Don’t be intimidated, because this gadget is actually a cinch to use. Simply, fill the tray with the whitening gel, flip a switch, pop it in your mouth for five minutes and you’re guaranteed whiter teeth with just one use.
6. 5-Minute Speed Whitening Kit ($16): If you don’t want to go from off-white to WHOA, this is the product for you, as it gradually whitens teeth over time. The system is comprised of a whitening gel, tartar control rinse and a mouth tray, which you insert into your mouth to whiten teeth. A helpful tip is to dry your teeth before applying the whitening agent, so it adheres better and whitens faster. Did we mention, it only takes five minutes?! (via Frugal Fabulous Finds)
7. Power Swabs ($80): Forget about trays, strips and gadgets. With Power Swabs, you simply pinch open a swab and rub it on your teeth in a circular motion for two minutes. We think these would make great travel accessories to stash in your carry-on or even to keep a few in your desk for a quick touch-up.
8. Intense Stain Strips ($23): What makes these strips stand out from the rest is that they magically dissolve as they whiten. Send teeth stains packing with no mess, no brushing, nothing to dispose of. Simply apply and whiten. That’s it!
9. Glo Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Device ($199): Ditch the strips and get a glowing smile with your very own teeth whitening system. The patented device uses GLO (Guided Optic Light) to accelerate the whitening process in an effective and efficient way. Apply the whitening agent on the mouth tray, pop it in your mouth, turn on the GLO and check your email for five minutes while your teeth whiten. Oh, and get this: For each Glo device purchased, the Glo Good Foundation will give an oral health kit to a person in need. We dig doing business for good!
10. Oil Pulling: Have you heard of it? It’s an ancient Indian practice that involves swishing oil around your mouth to pull toxins from the body. Studies show that oil pulling is also excellent for oral health and whitening teeth. The lauric acid in the oil kills bacteria, fungi and viruses. We suggest grabbing a jar of a cold-pressed organic coconut oil, and DIY your teeth white. (via Free People BLDG 25)
How do you maintain a healthy and radiant smile? Spit it out in the comments below!