If you’re obsessed with takeout like we are, you’ve probably had your fair share of teriyaki chicken. And while you’ve learned to make some of your favorite restaurant foods at home, mastering the art of dumplings and deep dish pizza, there’s always room to expand your culinary knowledge. Teriyaki sauce is a salty, sweet, and tangy glaze that’s a mainstay of Japanese cooking. Usually made from a combination of soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and sake, whether homemade or bottled, it can liven up any meal. These 15 easy teriyaki recipes will keep you excited for dinner all summer long.
5. Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Chicken: Pop this teriyaki chicken in the slow-cooker before you go to work, and come home to a flavorful dinner. Serve over a bed of rice or some noodles to make a complete meal. (via Life Made Sweeter)
6. Skillet Teriyaki Beef and Rice: This dish, combining tender beef with rice and garlic corn, is simple but satisfying. Serve with homemade teriyaki sauce on the side for dipping. (via The Missing Lokness)
7. Teriyaki Tempeh Tacos: Tempeh is a hearty vegetarian protein option that’ll soak up teriyaki sauce like a sponge. Fold into corn tortillas with crunchy cabbage slaw for contrast and color. (via VNutrition)
8. Teriyaki Rainbow Noodles: Extra veggies add bulk to these teriyaki udon noodles for a nutritious meal. Just julienne a pile of carrots, cabbage, green pepper, and radishes to add fresh, crunchy flavor to your dinner. (via Macheesmo)
9. Teriyaki Duck Donburi: These teriyaki donburi (Japanese rice bowls) are made with succulent, slow-roasted duck. It’s served atop a mound of rice along with a fried egg and plenty of veggies. (via Every Nook and Cranny)
10. Teriyaki Sesame-Crusted Salmon: It’s always a good idea to have some five-ingredient meals in the back of your mind to save for busy nights. With its flavorful glaze and sesame seed crust, you’d never guess how easy it is to put this salmon on the table. (via Simply Whisked)
11. Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls: Fun and festive, this dish is served in a hollowed-out pineapple. The actual fruit is included in the meal, adding a sweet and tangy flavor to teriyaki chicken. (via Yummy Addiction)
12. Teriyaki Tofu Lettuce Wraps: Marinate tofu in your favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce, then sauté until it gets nice and crispy. Serve in lettuce wraps for a light and fresh meal. (via Revi’s Food Photography)
15. Teriyaki Tofu Spring Rolls With Strawberries: Try something new with this colorful meal that combines strawberries with savory ingredients like teriyaki tofu. Roll them up in rice paper and dip in sweet chili sauce to your heart’s content. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
For more new takes on dinner, follow us on Pinterest.