As much as we love a nice glass of wine to sip along with our Thanksgiving feast, there’s nothing like a signature holiday cocktail to get the party started. These 10 tipsy sips are certain to get your guests into a spirited mood in no time at all. So roll out your bar cart and get those cocktail shakers ready. Let’s mix up some good times!
1. Wild Turkey Cocktail: A bowlful of this smooth, spiced apple and honey-bourbon punch is bound to get gobbled up in a flash. Don’t be surprised if folks start shaking their tail feathers. (via Brit + Co)
3. Bourbon-Aperol Punch With Rosemary + Grapefruit: There’s so much to love about this gorgeous fall punch — it’s herbal, bitter, fruity and tart all at the same time. As a bonus, the authors so kindly scaled the recipe for both a single drink and a party-ready punchbowl. (via Nerds With Knives)
4. Hot Caramel Apple Cocktail: Welcome Thanksgiving guests into your home with the intoxicating smell of this spiced rum cocktail simmering away in your slow cooker. P.S. You know those caramel apple pops left over from Halloween? They make awesome stirrers. (via Busy Mommy)
6. Apple Sidecar: There’s nothing quite like a brandy-based concoction to keep you toasty. Especially suited to after-dinner sipping, it’s a great cocktail to serve along with dessert. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
7. The Post Bender: While this caffeinated beer cocktail may have been designed as a day-after drink, it’s also great for keeping Thanksgiving festivities lively late into the night. (via Cookbooks 365)
8. Hazelnut Sour Cocktail: Who knew hazelnut liqueur and lime juice were a match made in cocktail heaven? Just don’t forget the cinnamon-sugar rim — it really brings this sweet and sour sip together. (via My Little Larder)
9. Apple Cider Bourbon: Apple cider and bourbon are a classic pairing, but it’s the cinnamon-stick-infused cider syrup that sets this one apart. Don’t think you’re a bourbon fan? Give this a go and see if it doesn’t sway you, or simply swap it out for spiced rum. (via Fork vs Spoon)
10. Gin and Ginger Cocktail: Think of this cocktail as a mojito that’s ready for the holidays, all bundled up with a cool-weather bouquet of juniper and ginger. It’ll keep you snug and warm all night long. (via The Little Epicurean)
What do you plan on sipping this Thanksgiving? Do you fall into the wine or cocktail camp? Let us know in the comments below!