This Thanksgiving, throw your fuzziest non-feline friends a pet-friendly bone by letting them have a taste of the holiday fun. Instead of dishing up a whole platter of people food, go ahead and make a few DIY dog treats just for them. (Besides, we kiiinda have some other plans for the leftovers.) Your furry friends are sure to go barking mad for any of the 13 Fido-approved, feast-worthy treats below.
1. Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Bit Dog Treats: No question, our dogs feel just as strongly about bacon as we do. Satisfy their obsession with these cheesy, savory biscuits. (via The Cottage Market)
2. Crunchy BBQ Liver Dog Treats: Don’t let those Turkey giblets go to waste. Instead, transform ’em into delectable treats that your pup will go wild for. (via Always Order Dessert)
3. Cranberry Cheese Cookies: Set some fresh cranberries aside for these canine cookies. The heart-shaped treat will definitely make your pooch feel the love. (via Gluten-Free Canteen)
4. Apple Oatmeal Dog Biscuits: Dogs go nuts for these low-fat, chewy biscuits packed with produce and whole grains. (via Brownie Bites)
5. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Treats: It wouldn’t be a Thanksgiving treat without pumpkin, right? These five-ingredient, pumpkin-hued treats can be baked to your pup’s preferred crunch level — for a harder treat, simply leave them in the oven for a few extra minutes. (via Minnie In Manhattan)
6. Apple Crunch Pupcakes: The cupcake trend lives on with these pupcakes worthy of a celebration. Once your furry friend has discovered the magic that is pupcake, they will be beggin’ for more. (via Miss Candiquik)
7. Sweet Potato Dog Treats: Dogs with sensitive tummies and discerning palates will definitely enjoy these sweet potato snacks made just for them. (via Ledford Life)
8. Apple Asiago Dog Treats: Yes, these bites are so delish you might just sneak one for yourself ;) (via Brit + Co)
9. Frozen Turkey Dinner Dog Treats: Freeze an assortment of dog-friendly eats in broth for an ice-cold take on Turkey dinner. (via 17 Apart)
10. Peanut Butter Molasses Treats: Break out a batch of these sweet(er) treats for dessert. We have a feeling your dog will be pulling out all kinds of tricks to get a bite out of these. (via Doggy Dessert Chef)
11. Homemade Turkey and Sweet Potato Meatball Dog Treats: These turkey meatballs will totally get gobbled up in the blink of an eye. (via Pet Coupon Savings)
12. Apple-Carrot Dog Biscuits: These bright-orange biscuits are a great way to serve up carrots to the dog who just can’t get enough of ’em. (via Two Delicious)
13. Pumpkin Pie Dog Treats: Humans aren’t the only ones who appreciate a pumpkin-y treat this time of year. Bake these up and prepare yourself to be hounded for more. (via POPSUGAR)
Will you do anything special for your fuzzy friend(s) this Thanksgiving? Share your best-in-show pet-friendly recipes with us below!