Thanksgiving is all about catching up with friends and family and chowing down on some delicious food — we all know that. But it’s also your moment to strut your stuff in front of the ones you love, to show them how awesome your life is during the other 364 days of the year. The fact is, you’re living your best life, and you have the style sense to prove it. When everyone’s in town — friends, family and, most notably, your old fling — of course, you want to your outfit to wow. “Oh, this old thing?” you say as you stroke your new brocade skirt. From boots and dresses to cozy fall coats, these must-haves are sure to turn heads on turkey day. Even better, none are over $150. Shh, we won’t tell.
1. Missguided Patterned Jacquard Tie Side Asymmetric Skirt ($43): A patterned mini is non-negotiable when it comes to haute looks during your home visit. This retro-inspired jacquard skirt is infused with unique details like a tie side fastening and an asymmetric hemline. The show-stopping staple stands on its own, so keep the rest of your look minimal — a sheer black blouse, tights and ankle booties will do the trick.
2. BCBGeneration Lace Top ($78): Show a little skin in this sheer damask lace top that’s just the right amount of glam. Pair with coated denim or leather pants for the perfect balance of feminine and edgy.
3. Cupcakes and Cashmere Gable Dress in Vintage Floral ($115): For a look that slays day or night, try an autumnal-inspired take on a classic shirt dress. This breezy silhouette features brilliant blooms, flirty sleeves and a forgiving gathered waist (ideal for after you’ve helped yourself to thirds of turkey).
4. Vanessa Mooney Rose Ribbon Choker Necklace ($33): Guys, the ’90s are everything right now, so make sure you represent this holiday season. Cher Horowitz will always be our fashion idol, and this 90s-inspired floral ribbon choker feels like something straight out of her closet. Rock it with an off-the-shoulder top for a look even Amber couldn’t help but love.
5. Steve Madden Jaque in Burgundy Velvet ($140): Velvet is the texture of the season. These luxe booties are just the thing to bring a healthy dose of glamour to any evening ensemble — not to mention, they make you look sophisticated as heck. A night on the town in these babies is exciting enough to get you out of your tryptophan coma.
6. Amuse Society Gold Dust Pant ($88): You’re sure to capture the attention of any room when you walk — make that strut — in wearing these gold sequin stunners. These pants are totally badass; plus, they’re a wee bit forgiving, which comes in handy when you’re catching up over stuffing.
7. Rolla’s Eastern Long Sleeve Dress ($79): This ornate print is sure to steal everyone’s attention this holiday season. Oh hey, old crush. Yeah… I’m doing just fine.
8. Baublebar Nynette Tassel Drop Earrings in Purple ($38): Make a bold splash with these tassel stunners. Translucent seed beads create a light-catching effect that will add a little laid-back luxe to your dinnertime ensemble. Don’t worry, these babies are way lighter than they look, guaranteeing a full night of glam minus the discomfort.
9. Motel Ernest Coat ($132): This checked coat will keep you warm on your countless errands to the supermarket (and liquor store) while prepping for your holiday feast. Beyond that, it’ll turn all the heads at your annual Friendsgiving celebration.
10. Topshop Plisse Star Mesh Skater Dress ($80): Sheer details, a high frill neck and a contrasting studded waist trim make this skater silhouette totally stunning. Bonus points awarded because it’s machine washable, so if you get a little gravy on it, you can just throw it in the wash and it’ll be good as new by nightfall.
11. Nordstrom Crystal Collar Necklace ($49): Looking to give your LBD or cozy sweater an extra dose of glam? This sparkling combination of large-scale crystals, in stunning jewel tones no less, adds a festive touch to any outfit.
12. Lauren Lorraine Crystal Pointy Toe Pump ($99): For more formal affairs, these pointy-toe pumps are pure perfection. Emerald plaid feels super seasonal, while the faceted crystal ornament adds a bit of sparkle that will dazzle alongside dark wash denim and a slouchy cashmere sweater when you hit the local bar with your old-school besties.
13. Topshop Harry Jacquard Ankle Boots ($125): These eye-catching booties steal the show thanks to regal jacquard fabrication and a trend-right silo that feels so RN. Dress ‘em up with an LBD or go cool-girl casual with skinnies and a chunky knit. Trust us — they will be impressed.
14. Loren Hope Alex Collar Necklace in Emerald ($118): Add a little vintage charm to your OOTH (outfit of the holiday, that is) with this gorgeous collar necklace. Handmade with an edgy box chain and drops of faceted crystals, it’s sure to add a rich touch to your dinnertime getup.
15. Nasty Gal Collection Modern Love Faux Fur Cape ($128): Cozy up with a plush faux fur cape in a seasonal color palette (and because it’s faux, it’s fashion- and animal-friendly). Layer over a silky jewel-tone dress for a night when everyone is dressed to impress.
Looking for more holiday style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.