Unless you possess some sort of sartorial superpower (and in which case, feel free to send some of those vibes our way), a pair of snappy pumps probably aren’t the first pair of kicks you reach for to pair with your trusty puffer jacket and combat wintertime precipitation. Luckily, there exists the wonderfully functional and fashionable, chunky-heeled lace-up bootie. Taking on sleet-covered streets like a boss, they’re a cold-weather Instababe essential and look downright DDG styled alongside everything from patent miniskirts to sophisticated sweater sets. The best part? These bad boys pretty much never go out of style, so you’ll be set for years to come. Below, find eight street style star-approved pairs that will take you through the rest of winter in style.
1. Ugg Ingrid Boot ($265): Lug-soled boots have a touch of don’t-mess edge we just can’t get enough of, and these shearling-trimmed numbers are no different. Bold buckles and ready-for-anything trends are key for showing nasty winter weather who’s boss, while the fuzzy lining will keep toes feeling cozy, no matter what the day brings.
2. Office Ammo Pewter Leather Chunky Lace Up Heeled Ankle Boots ($12): Conquer slippery sidewalks on your Monday morning grind with quicksilver boots that strike just the right balance of smart and chic. Team ’em with tailored ankle trousers, an oversized sweater and statement earrings for the office, or dress ’em up after-hours with a flirty floral midi dress and faux fur coat.
3. Forever21 Platform Denim Ankle Boots ($48): Ditch the duck boots in favor of these tough-girl kicks that will flawlessly take you from laid-back lunch dates with the girls to an epic night out on the town.
4. BP. Madison Lace-Up Boot ($100): Consider these grunge-era steppers an essential component of all of your after-hours ensembles from now until the first day of spring. Don’t be surprised when your getup garners a few knowing nods from the trendsetting set, especially when you bust these babies out with a relaxed fit, plunge jumpsuit and layered collar necklace. Props, girl.
5. BCBGeneration Henrik Lace-Up Bootie ($139): Considering the chunky-heeled lace-up boot is about to become your signature cold weather style, you might as well start stocking up on a few different pairs. Round out your collection of badass black stompers with this swoon-inducing almond suede pair that would look just as ah-mazing with an oversized button-down and skinny jeans as it would with a flirty mini dress and utility jacket.
6. Dr. Martens “Persephone” Platform Boot ($160): Unlike your favorite pair of sassy stilettos, lug-soled boots are actually comfortable, thanks to a chunky platform sole. Play up the punk ‘tude with a longline coat and beanie, or take them down the high-fashion route with a sleek all-black ensemble.
7. Timberland Earthkeepers® ‘Glancy 6 Inch’ Bootie ($130): If the sleek silhouette and rugged feminine vibe of these vintage-meets-modern booties weren’t enough to snag your attention, the prospect of snagging a pair in three different colors will. A girl’s gotta have options, right?
8. Daya by Zendaya ‘Kearney’ Corset Platform Bootie ($125): These corset-inspired numbers have Zendaya’s stamp of approval, which means they’re more than okay in our books. With these towering statement boots in tow, flying under the radar isn’t even a thing — so embrace it by teaming these platform numbers alongside your boldest and brightest duds.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.