Can you feel it? Can you sense that magic in the air? That’s right, ladies — it’s almost spring, which means sandal season, outdoor concerts, and rooftop cocktails. But before you slip on your open-toe shoes and slap on a flash tatt, you better get your nail game up to snuff. This season it’s all about unexpected ways to don colorful designs without looking too over the top. Cue in the negative-space half-moon mani. The futuristic design pleases both minimalists and color-lovers alike. Want to know how you can strut this trend? Check out all eight designs below.
1. Double Strike: Let your mani be the star of the show with this abstract nail art. The negative space adds a nice balance to this DDG style.
2. Glitter and Pink: Peppy and pink perfectly describes this OTT mani. Swipe a few strokes of black or gold to add some drama into the mix.
3. Blue and Green: Baby blue and pale green is a can’t-miss combo for spring. From weekend plans with the girls or brunch with your main squeeze, it’ll complement any ensemble.
4. Flower Power: Become one with nature by decking out your digits with this floral design. Make a statement with standout nails in a matte finish and a bit of greenery.
5. Peachy Red: Sweet with a side of sassy is the name of this mani game. Try it on for size when you want to take your OG Frenchie to a whole new level.
6. Minimalist Stripes: Upgrade your negative space mani courtesy of exaggerated French tips in rich colors and a few swatches of bold polish.
7. Negative Space: Naked nails are the way to go when you don’t have time to do a full mani. Draw an eye-catching geometric design or your initials for a personal touch.
8. Red Vixen: The tried-and-true red mani just got a makeover thanks to the clear, half-moon cuticle detail. Unleash your inner vixen with a super sultry cherry red or get your flirt on with a bold burgundy.
Tweet us your favorite nail moon designs @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.