How can you NOT be inspired to cut your mane every time you scroll through Instagram? Post after post of gloriously short, easy-breezy, get-up-and-go styles are enough to make a gal run straight to the salon. Whether you’re thinking of sporting a short, shoulder-length hairstyle or you want to revamp your current ‘do with a few new short hair hacks, here are 14 shorty-approved ways to get your above-shoulder lengths ready for summer.
1. Two-Toned Lob: Elevate the typical lob by adding a different color underneath. Whether you decide to rock a natural hue or Rainbow Brite-approved locks, your contrasting tresses will look *perf* during the summer heat.
2. Deep-Side Pixie: Give your mane a boy-meets-girl look by sleeking your hair back. Add a fem touch with a fierce winged eye and baby pink nails, ideal for any #GIRLBOSS.
3. ’50s Glam: Pop on a red lip and break out your cat-eye frames, because this short ‘do is great to rock during your weekday errands. Wrap around a retro headband to keep the flyaways at bay.
4. Bob-tastic: Need another reason to cut your strands? Give this edgy style a go with baby highlights and a choppy edge.
5. Summer Tresses: Say goodbye to your long locks and embrace shorter strands by rocking this omg-it’s-so-cute bob. Flip your bangs to one side and tease the ends for a girl-next-door look you can get behind. (via The Coveteur)
6. Pixie Perfect: Take your pixie from oh-so boring to swoon-worthy with this short little number. Complete this look with a girly finish by pairing it with side-swept bangs and a pop of pink on the lips. (via Beauty Box)
7. Cool Girl-Approved: Cool off this summer with a tousled downtown lob. Whether you’re meeting the girls for brunch or your boo in the park, this messy ‘do is a must. (via Stylish Wife)
8. Braid Babe: Keep your strands sweat-free by locking your bangs into a chic, thick braid. Tease the back of your hair to add some extra oomph to your overall ‘do. (via Rasysa)
10. Quick Rolled Braid Updo: This twisted ‘do is perfect for wedding season. Pull out some strands in the front to add a wispy, angelic effect to your boho all-white dress. (via The Wonder Forest)
11. Messy Knotted Bun With Braided Band: For the girl looking to get crafty, this updo is for you. Pull your strands into a messy bun and wrap a few braids around it for a look that is professional and stylish. (via Tessa Rayanne)
12. Braided Top-Knot: This stylish take is great for those girls rocking second-day strands. Braid your locks down the middle and finish it off with a messy top knot. (via Byrdie)
13. Headband Bouffant: Bring some life to your short strands with this sky-high updo. Tease and pin back your tresses to give your hair a little extra texture. (via Brit + Co)
14. Shorty Style: Be completely bold by cutting your locks into this chic fuss-free ‘do. Take it up a notch by adding a few bronze highlights into the mix for a summery touch.
How are you going to style your short hair for the summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.