If there’s one thing that summer means (besides warm weather), it’s wedding season. So, for this week’s app round-up, we’ve got five killer apps that will transform how you’re spending wedding season. Whether you’re looking to try out a ring, capture the special moments or kill time between the ceremony and reception, these are five apps that will make you say “I do” to downloading.
1. Say Yes: Congratulations, you’re engaged! This app will help you virtually try on different rings and see what’s available across many different retailers. But hey, even if you’re not engaged, it’s always fun to play around and do some research for the future.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Polaroid Swing: Swing it like a Polaroid picture. This new app from the famous photo company is upgrading everyone’s style. It’s almost like Boomerang — users record one second of video, but the still pictures come to life when you tap or swing your phone. There’s also a rad 3D-selfie feature that we will be playing with all weekend.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. thangs: If we had a dollar for every time a friend said, “Oh, if I had known you needed *whatever* I would have lent you mind!” we’d have enough dollars to fund this app. Whenever you’re in need of something (screwdriver, bulletin board, DVD, party supplies), post on the app and ask your friends if they’ve got one you can borrow. It’s such a simple and great concept, it’s hard to believe that this is the first time it’s popping up.
4. FoundBite: We experience places through all of our senses. So it only makes sense to capture memories with as many senses as we possibly can. This new app allows users to add soundbites to their photos and explore how the world looks and sounds through the app’s explore feature.
5. UCast: Some commuters live and die by their podcasts. If you’re one of them, you NEED to download this app that will transform how you listen to podcasts. It allows for much more specificity and control than the normal podcast. You can change speed, how often your downloads come and even manage your own podcasts if you run one.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
Which app are you loving the most? Let us know @BritandCo!