Piñatas go a long way in sprucing up your party decor. And because miniaturized versions of anything are totally adorable, mini piñatas are totally trending at the moment. Aside from making super cute tablescape decorations, they serve as great place cards, party favors and even unique garlands! With so many different and creative uses, it’s no wonder you don’t use these teeny-tiny guys for every party. Scroll on to find out which of these 16 mini piñatas you can make or buy for your next party.
1. DIY Mini Unicorn Piñata: Give your party a whimsical touch with mini unicorn piñatas. Gold glitter and pastel tissue paper really go a long way in this adorable minimized magical creature. (via A Subtle Revelry)
3. Urban Outfitters Mini Cactus Piñata ($12): Upgrade your desert-inspired soiree or succulent-themed party with pretty and prickly (not really) cacti piñatas. With a hook and some string you can even turn them into garlands!
4. DIY Cupcakes: One may argue that cupcakes are the one essential your party can’t do without. But now that there’s such a thing as mini cupcake pinatas, they might just take the cake! Brighten up your party decor with these cute and colorful cupcakes you can fill with confetti. (via Sprinkled With Glitter / We R Memory Keepers)
5. DIY Mini Emoji Piñata: So long as emojis exist, there will always be an excuse to throw a party themed after these pop culture characters. What better way to hold your guests’ candy favors than with these super sweet mini emoji pinatas? (via I Spy DIY)
7. Urban Outfitters Mini Donkey Piñata ($12): Give the classic donkey piñata a bohemian twist with eclectic colors and pops of metallic shades. They’re an ideal choice for packing your guests’ party favors or even decorating your home as ornaments long after the party ends.
8. DIY Mini Heart Breaker Piñata: Great for bridal showers or Galentine’s Day, these tiny hearts are must-haves to tie your whole party together. Scatter red, pink and white confetti cutouts to complete your charming aesthetic. (via A Joyful Riot)
9. DIY Mini Fruit Faux Piñata: Faux fruits may be a faux pas when it comes to decor, but these fake fruit piñatas are anything but a mistake. Fun alone or strung onto a garland, these mini fruits are the ones to make. (via Persia Lou)
10. DIY Mini Chili Piñatas: Heat things up with these mini chili piñatas. A staple for any Cinco de Mayo party, these spicy-looking treats work well as accents for any Taco Tuesday get-togethers as well. (via Jo Lynne Shane)
11. LulaFlora Pineapple Piñatas ($28, set of three): Summer vacation may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up any of that playful tropical decor. Say goodbye to summer with a *bang* by throwing a pineapple-themed luau featuring these bright and mini yellow fruits.
12. DIY Mini Rainbow Piñata: Ideal for a unicorn-inspired soiree, a mini rainbow piñata will do wonders for amping up the magical factor. For filling, opt for chocolate gold coins or dozens of rainbow skittles. (via A Joyful Riot)
13. DIY Donut Piñata: If you’re all about that sprinkles life, mini donut piñatas are a must. Kick off any donut or dessert-themed party with these donuts that are a *sweet* foodie’s dream come true. (via Little Inspiration)
14. DIY Mini Cloud Piñata: With colder temperatures heading our way, this mini cloud is the answer to any get-togethers you have planned on a rainy day. Even better, you can tie these sky pillows into a rainbow-themed soiree! (via Little Inspiration)
15. Urban Outfitters Mini Taco Piñata ($10): If your favorite day of the week is Taco Tuesday, why not celebrate with a full-on taco-themed fiesta? Rest assured, the party will be a hit even before your guests arrive. Just make sure to highlight your favorite food with a bunch of mini taco piñatas.
16. TheEmojiTree Emoji Piñatas ($43, set of six): Of course, if you’re running short on time, you can always opt for buyable versions of emoji piñatas. Plus, it might save you time to create the other DIY decorations you’ve got going on.
Which of these fun mini piñatas will you feature at your party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.