Tiny is officially the new big. Need proof? See the rise of studio apartment-sized furniture, palm-sized handbags, and of course, mini brunch. Maybe that’s why we can’t help but obsess over dainty little hand and finger tattoos right now. They make a major statement with minimal ink and clever placement. From the tried-and-true kitten whiskers to trendier jewelry-inspired ink, these small tattoo ideas have us ready to commit to a lifetime of chic.
1. Minimalist Cloud: We can’t even. This minimalist cloud is more than just a helpful reminder to stop and daydream every once in a while.
2. Abstract Ruler: This reimagined ruler is perfect for mathletes at heart. We’re loving this unexpected and subtle placement too.
3. Palm Beach: The leaf detail on this beachy palm tree is incredible. We love that every time you look down at it, you feel instantly relaxed and ready for a mojito.
4. Flirty Lashes: We spy with our little eyes the cutest little lash tatt ever.
5. Monograms: Initial tattoos may be a pretty traditional pick, but the placement and serif font of this option feels totally fresh and new.
6. Cosmic Tatt: Space obsessed? This trio of tats, with the hand-drawn feel and the subtle placement, is for you.
7. Kitty Cat: Calling all cat ladies! This body art is whimsical, cheeky, and always ready for a photo opp.
8. Queen Bee: Are you a proud member of the Beyhive? If so, this Beyonce-inspired ink will score you extra credit with the queen herself.
9. Emoji Text: This coy little emoticon-inspired phrase practically screams “millennial” to us. Plus, it proves that you don’t need to take your ink too seriously.
10. Itty Bitty Heart: This oversized heart with a super thin and minimal design is trés chic. Bonus points for the placement on the thumb, which is a nice switch-up from the ever-popular index finger tattoo.
11. Dotted Detail: Looking for something with a little more impact? This beautiful design makes a sweet statement and channels the look of boho jewelry.
12. Wee Birds: This sweet little duo of swallows is so beautiful. Imagine it alongside some beautiful stacking rings on the other fingers — SWOON!
13. Heart This: If you’re looking for the teeniest, tiniest little tat, you’ll love this dainty heart. It’s so subtle, how could you resist?
14. Stacking Rings: Equal parts tough and timeless, this set of bands is undeniably cool. Paired with midi rings or on its own — we’re feelin’ it.
15. Simple Symbols: When in doubt, go for classic symbols that will stand the test of time. We’re particularly fond of the lotus flower.
Loving these sweet little tattoos? Find more ink inspo on Pinterest!