When it comes to DIY, there’s no age limit: Anyone can be a maker. This week, it was (mostly) about the next gen of creators and crafters: celebrity kids! From Milla Jovovich’s budding artist to Tori Spelling’s little soap maker, these kids have some SERIOUS skillz in the creative department, and they’re not even fully grown. Check out some of their impressive creations below!
1. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: Nicole got creative with some ribbons and a pair of scissors, making cheer bows as her daughter Giovanna helped… well, sort of. Watch their hilarious antics here.
2. Milla Jovovich: Milla shared how important it was to stoke the fires of a young creative mind, writing, “Mother of a modern burgeoning artist. Inspiring my kids to find their passion is pretty much my only job as a mom. That and making sure they have impeccable manners, eat their veggies and read books. Done, done, done and done. Well… most of the time at least.”
3. Lauren Conrad: LC showed us how the grown-ups do DIY with her super fun (and pretty) zucchini pizza bites. Find out how to make your own here.
3. Reese Witherspoon: Milla isn’t the only one with a burgeoning artist coming up! “#ToddlerArt with grandma,” Reese captioned this vid of her little painter. “#Masterpiece.”
4. Tori Spelling: The old saying “the apple doesn’t fall from the tree” rang true for Tori Spelling’s daughter Stella, as she proved this week with her handmade gem soaps in a totally crafty move. “Stella has become such a little #DIY queen!” Tori writes proudly. “Check out these gemstone soaps she made and see how you can make your own over at ToriSpelling.com.” Way to go, Stella!
5. Tia Mowry: Tia spilled the beans on her secret roasted vegetable ingredients, writing, “Brussels sprouts and broccoli with a little char! Yum! My favorite! Onion powder and garlic takes these bad boys to the next level!”
6. Piper Perabo: Notorious star Piper Perabo bid the world goodnight with her latest artwork, writing “Good night you beauties.”
7. Molly Sims: Not only did Molly’s kids make these adorable finger paintings, they used homemade edible finger paints. “Did you know that finger painting is beneficial for growing minds?” Molly shared. “I’m on vacation but missing my kids and wanted to share the details and the recipe for this homemade edible finger paint.” Find the recipe here!
8. Laura Prepon: Laura Prepon shares her kitchen organization hack, writing “Something that helps with my busy schedule is pre-washing lettuces and putting them in some kind of stay-fresh container. When I’m tired from work, lots of times I’ll skip lettuce because I don’t want to wash it. This trick makes it grab-ready.”
What’s your favorite kid-friendly DIY activity? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)