Most of us may not be lucky enough to have scheduled summer breaks anymore, but that doesn’t stop us from getting a serious case of wanderlust as summer approaches. But before you can chill on a beach with a margarita in hand, there’s a lot of work that goes into planning a vacation… like picking a destination, choosing your outfits and deciding which of your can’t-live-without beauty products make the cut. So before you throw everything you own into your makeup bag, browse through our list of 20 of the best products that will keep your skin glowing and your hair shiny no matter where your travels take you. P.S. They’re all within carry-on-liquid limits, so, suck it TSA.
4. Kiehl’s Facial Mist ($14): Nobody wants to arrive at their destination looking exhausted. Spritz this refreshing mist onto your face during your flight to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
6. Acure Cleansing Towelettes ($7): Makeup remover wipes are every lazy girl’s go-to. These organic argan oil towelettes work on makeup, dirt, sweat and anything else to keep you clean no matter where you are.
8. Stowaway Radiant Complexion Beauty Balm ($22): Stowaway Cosmetics makes beauty products specifically for girls on the go, like this lightweight-yet-effective BB cream. Because who wants to be applying a full face of foundation while on vacay?
9. Living Proof No Frizz Travel Kit ($29): Make your packing decisions easy by picking up this travel-sized kit that has everything you need for frizz-free hair.
10. Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover ($10): Carrying nail polish remover seems so unnecessary until you chip one of your nails and are stuck with it for the rest of your trip. This little pod makes it so easy to clean up even hard-to-remove glitter; just stick a finger into the sponge for few seconds, and voila!
13. One Love Organics Foaming Cleanser ($9): If there’s one lesson we’ve learned, it’s to never skimp on your cleansing ritual, even while traveling. Chilean soap bark and apple oil help soften and protect your skin.
14. Oribe Anti-Humidity Spray ($22): If you’re going to be in balmy weather, this spray is a must. It protects your hair from frizz-inducing moisture, making sure all that hard work you put into your ‘do doesn’t go to waste.
15. Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream ($32): You’ve probably heard this countless times, but seriously, you always, always need SPF. This double-duty product acts as a CC cream and sun protection, giving you one less thing to worry about.
16. Whish Deodorant Swipes ($7 and up): Whether you’ve just spent the day exploring the town or hiking the trails, you can stay fresh on the go with these deodorant wipes. We suggest stashing them in your purse even when you’re at home for a quick refresher when you’re out and about.
17. Pacifica Solid Perfume ($9): Solid perfume is a great way to get your perfume fix without worrying about those delicate bottles breaking in your suitcase. Tuscan Blood Orange is the perfect citrusy scent for the upcoming summer.
18. Cargo Swimmables Blush ($26): Keep your blush intact through all the elements with this water- and sweat-proof formula. The sheer powder goes on lightly so you can go with either a light wash of color or a more bold look.
19. TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream So Cool Eye Stick ($12): Traveling can be hard on your peepers and puffy eyes is the last thing anyone wants. This adorable gel stick cools and revitalizes tired eyes, and is small enough to take wherever you go for constant pick-me-ups.
20. Petal Perfume Pack ($9): Your choices don’t have to be limited just because your space is. Each sachet contains a small amount of fragrance so you can switch up your scent every day.
What are some of your go-to travel products? Share your thoughts in the comments below.