It’s safe to assume that after a winter filled with ski slope hairstyles, hat head and snow day hair galore, the go-to, winter-layer-friendly ‘do we thought we’d be missing as spring rears its beautiful head is the tucked-in hair trend. What’s not to love about a style that literally takes less than a minute? Enter these 13 hair tuck saviors, proving that whatever the weather may be, this ultra lazy-girl hair hack is here to stay. Get ready to put in some minimal effort (those magic words!), and tuck your hair from spring to summer and beyond!
1. Classic Tuck: For you hair-tuck newbies, we’d be remiss not to show you the classic approach to creating this super lazy ‘do. It’s as easy as putting on a turtleneck sweater — perfect for these last few weeks of iffy weather — and it’ll give you a too-cool-to-bother appeal. (via @follea)
2. Glam Tuck: Channel your inner Chanel (Oberlin, that is) with this glam style. Throw on a furry coat over a summer-ready mini dress, and exude the essence of a gal with too much free time, yet *zero* time to care. (via @kristinabazan)
3. Free People Four Square Bandana ($28): For a stylish April Fool’s trick, fake out your friends with this sneaky faux bob. To pull it off, add a bandana or necktie around your long or medium hair for this double-take, short-hair-don’t-care look.
4. Asymmetrical Tuck: Rock a sloppy-chic ‘do with this half-tucked hairstyle. This look is perfect with a light spring layer for a laid-back look with carefree appeal. (via A Love Is Blind)
5. Faux Ponytail Tuck: Whether you’re strutting the streets in Milan or rushing to your next meeting, look like an off-duty model with this simple faux ponytail. Just throw an on-trend skinny scarf over your long locks, and voila — instant style. (via @4thandbleeker)
6. Denim Tuck: For those casual summer days, toss on a denim jacket or light coat over your hair for a look that’s as easy-breezy as your summertime mood. Anyone else loving the double denim going on here? (via @dentellefleurs)
7. Hat Hair Tuck: Sport two lazy styles at once and mask your second, third or fourth-day hair with this hat hair + hair tuck combo (say that five times fast!). This look is perfect for running errands in the face of pesky April showers. (via @frassyaudrey)
8. Back Tuck: Take a rocker-chic look to the next level with an effortless hair tuck. Bonus points for contrasting springy floral details. (via @sandrasemburg)
9. Scarf Tuck: Swoop a huge scarf around your hair like you just don’t care. Take a minimalist approach to the style with a clean and modern wardrobe to balance out your get-up-and-go (but oh-so-chic) tuck. (via @thatsotee)
10. Office Tuck: For the #girlboss looking for a no-fuss style, bring carefree vibes to the boardroom with this work-appropriate look. And don’t forget to accessorize with a bold headband. (via @colettemalouf)
11. Muffler Tuck: Not quite ready for winter to end? Don a muffler while you still can, showing pretty peeks of your luscious locks and helping tame unruly cold-weather hair. (via @dentellefleurs)
12. Ponytail Tuck With Hat: This whole look is winning spring. A classic camel trench and sun-ready specs balance an elegant mini and uber-trendy OTK boots. Add one more trend, and tuck those tresses for major Insta likes. (via @frassyaudrey)
13. Layered Tuck: For your next hair tuck, layer up in a causally spunky style to match. A cute pup doesn’t hurt either! (via @lydia_pang_)
Which tucked-in style are you eager to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.