If you’ve tuned into to Netflix’s newest original series, the Tina Fey-produced Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt starring Ellie Kemper, one of the first things you notice about Kimmy, besides that she’s awful with technology (ed note: we miiight know a site that can teach you the diff between hashtag and hashbrown, girl), is that she loves color. Big, bold hues like daisy yellow, grapeade purple and hot pink make up her everyday looks, and while it might not the most popular palette for a typical 20-something, we know right from the start that Kimmy is anything but typical. To be honest, her youthful, nothing-to-lose take on fashion is making a case for working candy-colored clothing into our spring wardrobes. Later gator, pastels! Scroll below to find your pop-of-color soulmate, inspired by Kimmy Schmidt’s favorite shades.
1. ASOS Structured Cigarette Pants ($45): Kimmy planted the seed for hot pink pants as a part of the weekly wardrobe rotation, and this impeccable styling from ASOS seals the deal. Pair with metallic heels and a preppy bomber and you’re set whether you’re headed to the boardroom or the bar.
2. Swedish Hasbeens Peep Toe Super High ($148): Spotted on Kimmy: strappy clogs with sunshine yellow uppers — the ultimate comfort-meets-style pair. Kimmy hit the nail on the head wearing ’em for date night. Follow her lead with a girly frock or add fashion-forward flair with neutral culottes and a boxy tee.
3. ASOS Sequin and Jewel Embellished Clutch Bag ($63): If, unlike Kimmy, you’re not willing to take your Jansport backpack out clubbing with you, channel her cute carryall with this fancy sequined clutch studded with emerald-hued gems that won’t salt your LBD’s style.
4. Kate Spade Saturday Snap Cardi ($120): Kimmy’s signature yellow cardigan gets a modern makeover with this color blocked cardi, and giant yellow buttons keep the quirky feel alive. Give it a Kimmy-approved personal touch with an iron-on monogram letter or DIY embroidered shapes.
5. H&M Circle Skirt ($13): This might be the chicest — and springiest — way to wear purple. Dress it up with a form-fitting turtleneck top and a statement necklace or keep it casual with a sweatshirt and high-tops (light up kicks a major plus!).
6. Wallis Pink Camisole ($25): There might not be an easier way to dress up weekend separates like joggers or jeans than tossing on a cami. A bright pink top looks downright modern paired with muted accessories.
8. Anne Klein Notch-Collar Two-Button Blazer ($129): Thanks to Kimmy, we’ve seen the light on an entirely new way to rock a power suit. Who’s gonna be the first of you to wear yellow on yellow like a boss?
Which TV leading ladies are your style muses? Tell us which characters’ closets you’d love to raid in the comments below.