And just like that, fall wedding season is upon us. For all our designated bridesmaids out there, let the dress hunting commence. Whether you’re already looking ahead to a fall ‘17 ceremony or will be helping your BFF honor her vows in a few short months (or weeks!), time’s a tickin’ to locate the perfect bridesmaid dress. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of DDG color options to choose from this season. Think: marigold and burgundy for an early October wedding centered around the season’s foliage, or rose quartz and dusty lilac for a romantic destination wedding. Scroll down for 21 *NEW* colors that will straight-up stun this fall.
1. Lilac: Paper Crown Shreveport Dress ($275): Meet blush pink’s less girly, more sophisticated counterpart: lilac. Usher in a new era of modern romance and understated elegance with this lace stunner that cannot be ignored. In true Lauren Conrad fashion, style it with a bold cat eye and braided updo for an unforgettable wedding affair.
2. Marigold: TY-LR The Alston Dress ($549): Well, if this isn’t the most autumnal shade of yellow we ever did see. When flowy chiffon gowns grow stale, this contemporary pencil dress featuring an architectural overlay is guaranteed to bring the drama. Team it with lace-up ghillies and minimalist jewelry for a wedding-day look that’s bound to turn heads.
3. Teal: Kamperett Linden Silk Wrap Dress in Juniper ($595): Don’t be a bridesmaidzilla and demand only neutrals — you’ll look amazing in this dreamy silk wrap dress. Equal parts easy-breezy and California-chic, this enchanting teal number featuring long sleeves and a peekaboo opening can be elevated with a flower crown and nude heeled sandals.
4. Rose Gold and Cabernet: BHLDN Kaity Top & Louise Skirt ($340): For double the fun, opt for this flirty and youthful co-ord consisting of a rose gold sequined top and cabernet tulle skirt. It’ll take you from walking down the aisle to dancing the cha-cha — just don’t forget to put on your sensible heels (or pretty ballerinas) to keep the blisters at bay.
5. Khaki Green: AQ/AQ Marvey Wrap Maxi Dress ($209): We can’t decide what we love more, the dusky green hue, the Grecian wrap-front style or the plunging neckline. In lieu of ultra-femme gowns, show off your sophisticated side with this relaxed maxi that calls for a body chain and ankle-strap steppers. Gold belt not required, but definitely appreciated for extra swagger.
6. Burgundy: TFNC Tall Wedding Multiway Fishtail Maxi Dress ($78): Fulfill bridesmaid duties for multiple weddings on your iCal with this jewel-toned dress that can be styled no fewer than a million and one ways. Rock a halter style by tying the straps around your neck, test-drive a one-shoulder design or go full-on Grecian for the day with a little imagination. Talk about a dress that does the styling for you — literally!
7. Dove Gray: J.Crew Selina Long Dress in Leavers Lace ($298): Plunging necklines and overly revealing cutouts just aren’t for you, and that’s okay. This Kate Middleton-worthy gray lace dress is reminiscent of your grandma’s heirloom jewels and vintage tiara. Unlike the summertime, when airy slits are practically mandatory, the arrival of fall ushers in a more reserved silhouette — hence the long sleeves and bateau neckline. Count us in, please.
8. Emerald: Paper Crown Jillian Dress ($298): Do your bestie right (you know she would do the same for you) with this OMG-worthy emerald chiffon gown that works its magic around the clock. Twinning with the entire bridal party may not be so bad after all, especially with some ivory satin pumps in tow.
9. Mauve: AQ/AQ Maier Cage Back Knee Length Dress ($187): A dress that puts the va-va in the voom? Right this way, please. This knee-length mauve-colored dress not only has major re-wear potential (hello, anniversary dinner with bae), but it’s guaranteed to stun at a black-tie wedding. Don’t be fooled by the conservative front — the cage back straps are this close to bringing sexy back.
10. Wine: Jill Jill Stuart Henrietta Dress ($400): Get ready to pull out all the stops with this soiree-ready wine-colored dress featuring a dramatic sash and no shortage of glamour. The billowy sleeves and floor-grazing length are a perfect match for an outdoor vineyard wedding or a castle venue in England. Top it off with a bejeweled statement necklace and a minaudière clutch for a refined look.
11. Powder Pink: H&M Tiered Maxi Dress ($129): Timeless and elegant is the name of the game when it comes to this powder pink ruffled maxi dress that would be a shoo-in for a romantic wedding in the mountains. Channel ALL the princess vibes a la a sleek chignon, Swarovski crystal chandelier earrings and clear Cinderella-inspired steppers.
12. Sapphire: J.Crew Marbella Long Dress in Silk Chiffon ($298): Say “I do” to this breathtaking sapphire chiffon dress that will satisfy all parties involved. It’s the cocktail dress you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without come wedding season. Dress it down with loose beach waves or channel royalty with a pearl necklace, white elbow-length gloves and sparkly heels.
13. Stone: Reformation Frossen Dress ($248): “Your dress — we can’t stop staring,” says every wedding attendee within sight. Introducing the drapey stone-hued gown, complete with a high neckline, that’s made to fit and flatter. Pssst: You’ll be looking for any excuse to pull this bad boy out again alongside a top-handle circle bag and some suede mules.
14. Black and Cream: For Love & Lemons Gracie Maxi Dress ($266): Don’t be silly — ‘90s-inspired gothic is totally acceptable for unconventional bridesmaids-to-be, especially when the wedding coincides with Halloweekend. There’s nothing safe or predictable about this black and cream floral print maxi that will make you want to reach for a pair of your beloved velvet ankle booties and a vintage cross necklace. A deep red pout is non-negotiable for an air of mystery.
15. Green Motif: BHLDN Ilona Dress ($480): For the most anticipated wedding of the season, we wouldn’t expect anything less than a lavish dress with this much Old-Hollywood appeal. The shimmery metallic blooms can be teamed with a single art deco-inspired earring and gold steppers for a vintage-esque look that won’t go unnoticed.
16. Evergreen: MLM Label Niro Ruffle Dress ($165): When in doubt about traditional wedding conventions, remember that rules are meant to be broken. Ditch the floor-sweeping gowns for this leggy number in a fall AF shade of evergreen. Toss on a smoking blazer and sky-high steppers for a business casual wedding followed by an open bar and hors d’oeuvres.
17. Deep Tan: Chi Chi London Embroidered Lace Tulle Dress With Long Sleeve ($138): An excuse to play dress up? We’re so down. We couldn’t imagine a more twirl-worthy frock for a fall wedding shoot in the idyllic countryside. Style this deep tan embroidered dress with a low ponytail and a borrowed-from-the-boys herringbone blazer for ALL the style points this season.
18. Metallic Cream: Kate Spade Embellished Swing Dress ($598): Not just restricted to a Vegas wedding, this sequin swing dress will serve double-duty for a bachelorette party, the rehearsal dinner and the after-after party. You only get to see your BFF get hitched once, right?! Round out your modern bridesmaid look with a faux fur stole and kicky loafers for a weekend of shenanigans.
19. Purple: True Decadence Petite Plunge Front Lace Applique Maxi Dress With Tulle Skirt ($133): Hello, Princess Charming. Take note: This is the type of dress you want to be spotted in when it comes time to catch the bride’s bouquet. As if the majestic purple hue wasn’t enough to catch our eye, the plunging lace bodice and girly tulle are making us want to live out our very own IRL fairy tale.
20. Blossom: Reformation Isabella Dress ($388): Major #swoon. If there’s one thing Reformation does right, it’s a DDG gown that puts all eyes on you. We’re especially captivated by this antique floral print dress that brings to mind a shabby-chic barn wedding. To ensure you don’t outshine the bride herself with that risqué open back, dial things down with simple pearl studs and a fishtail braid.
21. Cinnamon Rose: BHLDN Inesse Dress ($285): Now here’s a bridesmaid dress that won’t end up gathering dust in the back of your closet. It doesn’t get any more seasonally appropriate than this lovely cinnamon rose chiffon gown you’ll want to re-wear for years and years to come.
Which autumnal hue are you currently coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful wedding inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.