Plain ol’ spaghetti can get boring, fast. Luckily, pasta is a blank canvas just waiting for you to sauce it up this way or that. When you want to spice things up, switch up a go-to recipe and surprise guests with a this-is-the-best-thing-EVER dish. We have all your bow ties, pennes and orecchiettes covered with some of the most funky flavorful recipes around the ‘net.
4. Sausage and Zucchini Pasta: Throw in some summer veggies to transform a traditional pasta dish. Zucchini is ripe for the picking right now. And sausage is ripe for the picking always. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Avocado Basil Sauce: Sometimes pasta isn’t pasta at all. Here you see noodles of zucchini covered in creamy avocado basil sauce. And you don’t have to worry about sweating it out over a hot stove This is a heat-free affair that can thrown together in 10 minutes. (via Dishing Up the Dirt)
9. Baked Grape Tomatoes With Chives: If there’s one fool-proof herb when it comes to growing, it’s chives. If you’ve already realized that and have more than you know what to do with, put it to good use with this sauce. Pile it over any pasta that you please. (via Bite by Michelle)
12. Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine with Fried Sage: Raid your summer garden or farmers market for these ingredients and then invite all your pals over for dinner… no matter their food restrictions! (via Cookie + Kate)
16. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: And for the fastest clean up imaginable, turn your food into a disposable bowl. Yup, here you’re using the contents of the sqaghetti squash as noodles and the shell as your bowl. Pretty brilliant if we do say so ourselves. (via Brit + Co)
Are you a pasta fan? What recipe has you feeling adventurous? Tell us in the comments!