If you’ve been checking out all the latest spring home collections, you’ve likely seen and lusted after Urban Outfitters’ killer apartment decor. From the hanging planters to woven wall weavings to tasseled throw pillows, these beauties are full of inspo for your indoor spring reno. But before you drop next month’s rent, know that you can hack several pieces from the new collection with a little creativity and a bit of DIY dedication. With the 10 projects below, you’ll get that unmistakeable UO style with plenty of leftover cash.
1. DIY Wall Weaving Hack: Weavings are still the coolest way to give your walls a touch of boho chic or modern texture. If you love the geometric look of the UO Nakki Half Circle Wall Hanging ($59), you can easily hack the same design with an armful of yarn in colors that play well with your existing decor. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Wood Photo Easel: Get your fave photos off your Insta feed and out on your desk IRL. This super fun take on Urban Outfitters Mini Instax Acrylic Album Photo Frame ($16) lets you personalize the color palette and size of each easel. (via Damask Love)
3. DIY Clay Rose-Marbled Incense Holders: Grab your clay and get that faux marbling on to create a hack of UO’s Jarmel by Jarmel Cactus Incense Holder ($21). Follow this DIY for swirly, rose pink incense holders, or copy Urban Outfitter’s cactus shapes. Pro tip: Use cookie cutters for clean lines. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. DIY Ice Dye Pillows: You can never have too many throw pillows, and soft tie-dye patterns are just the thing to embrace all-things summer. Take the DIY approach to this UO Organic Tie-Dye Pillowcase Set ($39) by using ice cubes and colored fabric dye. (via Dans le Lakehouse)
5. DIY Hanging Macrame Planter: It’s like UO read your mind with this Macrame Hanging Wall Planter ($29). DIY the look with a standard knot pattern and opt for vibrantly colored rope if you’re feelin’ all those summer vibes. (via Why Don’t You Make Me)
6. DIY Cat Mirror: If a space dedicated to primping is on your wish list this spring, you’re going to need a new mirror. The Urban Outfitters Margot Pyramid Table Mirror ($29) is eye-catching, but it’s just as easy to DIY a freestanding version from unfinished wood. Add some feline ears, and you’ve got the coolest copycat around. (via Dream a Little Bigger)
7. DIY Key Shelf: A key shelf isn’t the most exciting home purchase, but it is one of those things that makes a huge difference in how quickly you get out the door every morning. The Urban Outfitter’s Reagan Rectangle Wooden Shelf ($39) is uber stylish, but with a couple pieces of wood and 15 minutes, you can create a modern accessory rack for yourself. (via Burkatron)
8. DIY Tassel Throw Pillow: Obvi, this gorg Urban Outfitters Aiko Crochet Fringe Bolster Pillow ($59) would look great on your sofa, but the DIY version is equally as rad. If you feel like you’re missing out, use green fabric and long tassel fringe around the edge for a spot-on hack. (via La La Land)
9. DIY Typographical Wall Art: Recreate this UO X Secret Holiday & Co. It’s OK Banner ($90) with a quarter yard of canvas and a sheet of felt for the letters. Play around with block letters or cursive, then find a fun quote to take your gallery wall to the next level. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to hack your way to spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more hacks and spring gardening inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.