With our new book Homemakers coming out in just a few weeks, we’re super excited about all things HOME. And that includes ah-mazing, mind-blowing multi-functional furniture. While convertible furniture may get a bad rap for being ugly, cheap looking or just plain hard to use, there are in fact plenty of stylish and functional pieces out there. These 14 convertibles hold everything from your books and laptops to your babies and guests. Whether you’re living in a studio apartment or just don’t want to shell out for a coffee table and a desk, here are some pieces of furniture that are as good at multi-tasking as you are.
3. Figo Lime ($469): Don’t worry, this isn’t your college futon. Instead, it’s a luxurious chaise lounge during the day and comfortable bed (with built-in pillow) at night. Talk about a major upgrade from your coed days.
4. Clei Desk (price upon request): Think of it as a murphy bed taken to a whole new, very chic level. Enjoy a fantastic home office, and then when guests visit you’re already set up for a stylish guest room that doesn’t look at all like an afterthought.
5. Corner Suite Vento (price upon request): Here’s a spacious corner couch that can easily be transformed into one double bed or two twin beds, making it the perfect piece for those who love to entertain but are short on space.
6. Love Seat Sleeper ($1099): Sometimes you just don’t have room for a full sleeper couch, and this sleek little love seat is the perfect solution. Put it in the nursery or kids’ room for sleepover fun and a cozy place for reading and naps.
8. Stokke Care ($499): From changing table to desk, this table will transition from diaper days to homework days with ease. It also becomes a smart bookshelf for the in-between years, making it a stylish staple in your kiddo’s room.
10. Tripp Trapp Chair ($250): Rather than keep a high chair in your basement for years, invest in this modern high chair that turns into a seat that can hold up to 300 pounds. Complete with a five-point harness, this chair is as safe as it is stylish. Plus, once your li’l babe has grown out of it you can use it for extra dining room seating.
12. Zeitraum Guest Bed ($5055): Perfect for a teenager’s room or a guest room, this bed stacks up to make a couch or daybed and then folds into a double bed. It will work well for sleepovers of all kinds.
13. Convertible Bunk Bed ($1275): Finally a bunk bed where mom can sit on the bottom without worrying about cracking her skull. It accommodates your space and personal preferences by converting from one to two stylish beds.
Do you use convertible furniture in your home? Talk to us in the comments below!