Impress your guests at your next dinner party with an mmm-mmm good menu that keeps ’em guessing what’s in each dish… or not in! Go veeg at your next dinner party with recipes that keep the integrity, flavor and textures of the delicious dishes they’re used to without the meat. Added bonus: You’ll be laying out one colorful spread. A bounty of veggies brings out the rainbow that everyone will be Instagram-ing before they chow down. Get inspired by these 18 super yummy vegan recipes to celebrate Earth Day and beyond.
2. Hasselback Potatoes: A take on a Swedish dish named after the first restaurant in Stockholm where it was served, Hasselback potatoes served with spinach and wild garlic are one of the best ways you can celebrate the tastes of spring. (via Honest Plates)
5. Roasted Baby Spring Carrots With Lemony Dill Pesto: Pesto made from dill? Bring it! (via With Food and Love)
7. Fennel Roasted With Tomato Sauce: Fennel has never looked so good. We kind of just want to take a picture of it, make a huge print and put it on our wall. Oh, and we also want to eat it. The dish, not the picture, in case that wasn’t clear. (via Dine and Dash)
12. Maple and Curry Acorn Squash: Super easy to throw together and perfect for the third course, the flavor combination of maple syrup and curry is one you want to gift your guests with. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
13. Herbed Nut Cheese With Herbs de Provence: No vegan dinner party would be complete without a cheese-you-made-yourself course. Let this be how you kick things off. Find a nice white wine that pairs well with the savoriness of this “how the heck did she make that?” app. (via This Rawsome Life)
16. Mushroom Hot Pot: And now for something entirely different. This could possibly be the most fun dinner party idea yet. Guest can mix in whatever ingredients you leave out for them. We suggest grilled tofu, peppers, mushrooms and some basil. Then they’ll mix and match and make their own unique creations. Think of it as an art class and a dinner party all in one go. (via Post Punk Kitchen)
Have you ever hosted a vegan dinner party? What dishes were a smashing success? Talk to us in the comments below.